Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Got My 1St Car Need Help

SteveQuinn

I've just got a Ford Fiesta LX Zetec which is from July 2000 so unsure as to the mark.
Anyway, I've managed to locate the wipers on the right hand side and had it squirt fluid on the back window (pulled the stick towards me) but cannot figure out how to actually get the wiper to wipe, I thought it would be automatic when the fluid is released.

Could the wiper be defunct? the car is 14 year old after all.

arnt they up and down on the stick or rotate

Moving it up and down controls the front wipers, so does pushing the stalk forward and moving it.

Pulling it towards myself releases the washer fluid as it should and then you hear a buzzing noise like it is trying to move the wiper, but it's not.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

sound like the rear wiper is not working iam sure you pull it forward to work and a bit more to wash

the rear screen

That's what I was told too but the only thing that happens is the washer fluid is released

different motor for the fluid it on the water tank that holds the fluid. wiper motor in tail gate

I understand that bit, just giving info to try and get some help as to what's wrong.

Sorry if that response appeared rude, I really didn't mean it to.

Could be rear motor burned out or the stalk playing up check to see if the fuses have not blown

also you need to check the wiring as I think it can break in the tailgate stopping the motor

I'm guessing that if it was fuses then it wouldn't buzz at all when it should be moving?

ok I would say the motor needs renewing as you said its buzzing
so theirs power going to it :)

The buzzing stops when I push the stalk forward to the point of not being able to push it anymore...

Have someone push the stalk forward and test for power at the rear motor with a test meter.

• 2 weeks later...

Are there contact plates on the boot connecting the tail electrics to the main body. If so one of theSe may be busted. Nowadays the electrics go straight to the motor.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club