Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A-Pillar Trim Clips

troy45

Trying to hunt down a creak/rattle I've had for a while now I took the plunge removing the passenger side A-pillar trim and of course managed to break several of the plastic clips in the process :rolleyes:

To try and fix the new squeaks caused by refitting the trim with half-broken clips I ordered a handful of new parts from local Ford dealer. The new parts are quite a bit different and I nearly rejected them as being the wrong ones till I took a closer look.

Old clips looked like this

up86326-post-21-1243998412.jpg

while the new parts are these

m1743.jpg

So apart from the colour being different (which I can live with) the base of the clip is much larger. I'm guessing they have been changed to make them more robust - has anybody fitted these to their cars? have to wonder if they'll actually fit into the clip locator on the trim without getting the stanley knife out :unsure:

same clip is used to secure the boot side trim/parcel shelf support

I think a bit of trimming will be needed.

Yep, 1 was ok but the other 2 needed trimming down as there are some ridges on the clip retainers that the bigger base fouls.

Thinking on I could have removed the ridges instead but don't think it matters really.

The clips are a pain, you have to start at the top one and pry it out carefully without breaking the next one down.

When I had reversing sensors fitted the sounder was fitted behind the A pillar trim as they considerately thought the sounder would annoy my dogs, unfortunately they snapped the first two clips.

Luckily they were only snapped on one side so worked fine when I rotated them 180 degrees in the panel and pushed them back into the pillar.

Speaking of sounds and creaks has any one had a creaking noise from their drivers seat?

Mine has started to creak recently when turning corners and its getting to be a pain in the rear end. Will have to track it down and try to silence it

What does cream sound like? ;) :p :d

I thought I had that error edited before any one noticed lol!

You on the ball stoney nothing gets past you lol!

Typing with the touch screen is a nightmare sometimes with the word prediction.

I am always on the ball ;)

Switch predictive off, it's a total pain.

For me the problem is usually touch screens and thick thumbs. :d

• Like 1

Speaking of sounds and creaks has any one had a creaking noise from their drivers seat?

Mine has started to creak recently when turning corners and its getting to be a pain in the rear end. Will have to track it down and try to silence it

There's a couple of Ford tech service bulletins for this sort of problem - got a pdf of TSB 24/2011 which refers to adding lubricant to the seat track rails, this also refers to TSB 22/2009 but not got a copy of this.

There was also an issue with the lower cross-bar breaking at the rear of the seat but not certain if this was specific to the ST.

There's a couple of Ford tech service bulletins for this sort of problem - got a pdf of TSB 24/2011 which refers to adding lubricant to the seat track rails, this also refers to TSB 22/2009 but not got a copy of this.

There was also an issue with the lower cross-bar breaking at the rear of the seat but not certain if this was specific to the ST.

Thanks for he reply and information mate. I never though of checking the actual rails. do you have a link to a copy of pdf of TSB 24/2011 it may be of some sort of help.

• 2 weeks later...

Back to the original subject with this post - got the black trim pins fitted now on the a-pillar trim and they are a massive improvement compared to the old ones. Have removed the trim several times now and it pulls away easier plus the clips don't break.

That's a win on one hand, but on the other hand I'd prefer to find the creaking noise and not have to keep removing the trim while I struggle to try and find it's cause..

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Can some one put a photo of the new clips please as I need to get sum

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club