Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Intermittent Turbo Failure?

isitafox

Hi, I've had my 2.0tdci zetec for a few years now (and lots of trouble) and the latest is the turbo. Occasionally (but usually cool mornings) when I start it up the turbo doesn't spool up when driving whatsoever, it usually pipes up around 1700rpm (I think) but when this happens it does nothing all the way through the revs, at least nothing noticeable as when it works it gives a good kick.

Any suggestions? It's not putting out any codes either.

Hi, I've had my 2.0tdci zetec for a few years now (and lots of trouble) and the latest is the turbo. Occasionally (but usually cool mornings) when I start it up the turbo doesn't spool up when driving whatsoever, it usually pipes up around 1700rpm (I think) but when this happens it does nothing all the way through the revs, at least nothing noticeable as when it works it gives a good kick.

Any suggestions? It's not putting out any codes either.

How can you be sure its the turbo at fault? do you have a boost gauge?

Is it the electronic actuator version?

I'm having the same issue with my fiesta 1.6tdci. I put it down to a turbo issue still unsure though :/

How can you be sure its the turbo at fault? do you have a boost gauge?

Is it the electronic actuator version?

I don't know what's at fault, just that whatever it is stops the turbo from spooling. If I stop the engine and restart 99% of the time it sorts itself out but it's a bit of a pain.

Not sure about the actuator, it's a 2004 model?

Yeah mines the same, but normally happens when iv been driving for a while as opposed from cold mornings. First happened on a motorway, my face was priceless when lorries were overtaking me on the slip road...

Lucie

Check my signature and look at the "replacing turbo intercooler pipe" thread, I had similar symptoms, along with lots of smoke and turbo error codes of low boost on the ECU, did that fix and the error went away.