Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How To Enable Speed Locking?

justinaverill

Hi everyone,

Just a quick query I'm wondering wether anyone knows wether it's possible to enable speed locking manually without it going to the dealership?

I was able to do it on my old vw but being new to ford not sure,

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Ford OC

Hi Justin,

Sadly auto lock is now phased out on all cars built after 2007

The European safety standards crew decided it was better not happening as some fail to unlock in the event of a crash makes it more difficult for the paramedics to gain access,

Only option is to fit an aftermarket alarm system which boasts the feature.

Or press the lock button manually each time you get in to the car.

even if you could I think the Fez is more difficult to work with and so dont think it could be done with aftermaret tools such as the modified ELM and the ElmConfig software.

• Like 1

even if you could I think the Fez is more difficult to work with and so don't think it could be done with aftermarket tools such as the modified ELM and the elmconfig software.

It is possible to activate the feature on facelift models jeeb,

For example the mk2.5 focus 2008-2011

This model was designed in 2005 its software was programmed in 2005 when this feature was shall we say legal under European safety standards.

Ford no longer activated the feature in 2007 onwards

But we can still active it via a modified ELM327 because the cars operating system was designed to host the feature back in 2005

Sadly 2008 was the birth year of the Mk7 fiesta,

The operating system it runs on wont have a single megabyte of the once possible "auto lock" feature

The only way to install this feature would be to use some sort of aftermarket device that splices in to the speed sensor and central locking control unit,

No new car sold after 2007 will have this feature enabled by the garage.

And

No car newly created in 2007 onwards excluding facelift models will have any software programming to recognise the feature.

See here for more information aswell:

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2899534/all

Done a bit of research on sourcing an aftermarket unit which would automatically lock the doors at speed and i found a module that plugs in to the OBD port

http://www.carsets.co.uk/wholesale/obd2-can-bus-speed-lock-device-for-toyota-nissan.html#na_write_rev

The above unit says it works on Toyota's and Nissan's,

However the unit mamay also operate on other car manufacturers

Because Bosch created the Canbus system and ECU's the chances are it will work o all cars equipped with an OBD2 port,

Still its worth searching around for a module which says ford compatable to ensure you get your money's worth.

Overall though we have discovered it is possible to retrofit this feature in the form of an OBD2 Module.

So the feature is not completely lost or hair tarringly difficult to install as an aftermarket feature.

Hi everyone,

Just a quick query I'm wondering wether anyone knows wether it's possible to enable speed locking manually without it going to the dealership?

I was able to do it on my old vw but being new to ford not sure,

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Ford OC

even if you could I think the Fez is more difficult to work with and so dont think it could be done with aftermaret tools such as the modified ELM and the ElmConfig software.

Done a bit of research on sourcing an aftermarket unit which would automatically lock the doors at speed and i found a module that plugs in to the OBD port

http://www.carsets.co.uk/wholesale/obd2-can-bus-speed-lock-device-for-toyota-nissan.html#na_write_rev

The above unit says it works on Toyota's and Nissan's,

However the unit mamay also operate on other car manufacturers

Because BOSCH created the Canbus system and ECU's the chances are it will work o all cars equipped with an OBD2 port,

Still its worth searching around for a module which says ford compatable to ensure you get your money's worth.

Overall though we have discovered it is possible to retrofit this feature in the form of an OBD2 Module.

So the feature is not completely lost or hair tarringly difficult to install as an aftermarket feature.

Through further research,

Ive just found a supplier of an auto lock at speed unit which plugs in the the OBD2 port enables autolock at speed on the car universal to all models apparently

See here:

http://www.obdinnovations.com/universal-obd2-can-bus-smart-auto-door-lock-controller/

I don't disagree lenny, sorry my comments should have been more clear, I though elm config didn't play nicely with fiesta particularly if at all?

• Like 1

I don't disagree lenny, sorry my comments should have been more clear, I though elm config didn't play nicely with fiesta particularly if at all?

y

Its cool mate i didn't think you were disagreeing with me,

When im responding to posts im responding to the post while adding information surrounding the response aswell in a bid to help the google reader further understand the reasoning of my response,

If you get me lol

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club