Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stereo Locked After New Battery

Samsonator

Hi there,

I recently had a new battery fitted and when I went to turn the stereo on it asked for the code (as you would expect). The code in my ford manual does not work - I had never needed it before. What should I do to get this unlocked?

Another strange thing is that after 3 attempts, it now shows a message "Wait" with a 30 minute timer - this resets every time I turn the ignition on.

This is a 2007 Style...

Any help appreciated - don't want to pay a garage to get the stereo working - may as well just buy a new stereo as it will probably cost the same!

From what I see on another thread with someone who has a similar issue, you will need to speak to Ford or find someone on ebay/google who can get the codes. However Admin have declared this forum a Code free zone, we can't post links.

I am not sure about the Wait resetting, I have always had working codes and therefore no issues with unlocking.

On most Ford radios there is a wait phase set on them.

I think it's to stop you hammering away at the buttons hoping to randomly find the code, after 10 goes the radio locks up completely and only Ford can get one more attempt before you have a doorstop.

Press/hold 6 and press/release 2 (on some it's 1) to get the serial number and either go to ford with the code, V5 and I.D or search eBay.

Ok thanks guys, I will look into it and report back what the solution was.

• 3 months later...

I asked for advice over the phone and they said to take the car in - I did this and they got me the code and unlocked the stereo for me, free of charge.

I've been impressed with the dealer in the 2 years I've been using them. The event which caused the need for a new battery - a Sunday, could not start the car - I phoned my breakdown cover and they said I was not covered from my drive. I phoned the Ford dealer for advice, they said that because I had my car serviced there earlier in the year, I was eligible for free breakdown cover and they had someone at my house within 10 minutes of calling! They have also fitted the odd part that I have bought, free of charge too. Very good customer service. Needless to say, I will buy from them again.

• Like 2

I've been impressed with the dealer in the 2 years I've been using them. The event which caused the need for a new battery - a Sunday, could not start the car - I phoned my breakdown cover and they said I was not covered from my drive. I phoned the Ford dealer for advice, they said that because I had my car serviced there earlier in the year, I was eligible for free breakdown cover and they had someone at my house within 10 minutes of calling! They have also fitted the odd part that I have bought, free of charge too. Very good customer service. Needless to say, I will buy from them again.

Please name this dealer?

Of course - Bristol Street Motors, Orpington. I think when you phone it goes to a national call centre so some of the service is just national, but still good all the same and the dealership has been very helpful so far.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club