Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Silly Question Really

jonnyc170

I know it's a silly question but I'm not the brightest of people! lol. I have just been told HID's lights are not road legal anymore... So what kind of lights are brand new cars using..?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

They're not illegal if they are fitted with a ballast, self levelling and washer systems. They also can't be retrofitted into a standard reflector headlight

Think I've covered the main points

• Like 2

They're not illegal if they are fitted with a ballast, self levelling and washer systems. They also can't be retrofitted into a standard reflector headlight

Think I've covered the main points

+1

The lamps must be designed for HID bulbs, It is illegal to retrofit into non projector lenses.

• Like 1

If a car left the factory with HIDs in a reflector housing then they're perfectly legal.. However arseholes that retrofit HID's straight into reflector housings are simply selfish as they are usually dazzling as hell.

Most cars that leave the factory with HIDs these days have projectors

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club