Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2008 Focus Estate 1.8D.. Engine Malfunction

Delano

Howdy all, New member here, brother in law recommend this site, has helped him out a lot.

Wandering if anybody localish to me (Maston Green) area, knows where I can get a Ford diagnostic check done ?

The focus is missfiring, and breaking down, limp mode kicks in, engine malfunction on display with alarm, traction control come's on as does the red info light up, sometimes starts up clanging for a few seconds.

Dealer did say when I complained after 4 days, that they had changed the injector pipes..

Dealer did recover it, but couldn't do anything as it was running ok for them, broke down three times since..

Hey man

Sorry you're having trouble with the lady !

My neighbor is having similar trouble with his focus ghia, and till now has found no solution. He has a lot of warning lamps switching randomly and sometimes the car doesn't even start.

The main warning he is receiving is the engine check and can't get his head around it.

My first thought was that he put water (by mistake) on one of the sensors but this isn't the case.

Would love some feedback from you

Joe

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Checked the fuel pressure regulator on back of injection pump?

Common fault, if engine malfunction had come up then there are fault codes... Their diag just isn't seeing them.

Traction control comes on because it has detected a engine fault. So not a separate issue.

Have you checked the engine fusebox for water ingress?

Thanks, i will check that out, had a look initially to look for water or anything obvious wrong

Checked the fuel pressure regulator on back of injection pump?

Common fault, if engine malfunction had come up then there are fault codes... Their diag just isn't seeing them.

Traction control comes on because it has detected a engine fault. So not a separate issue.

Thanks, will have somebody have a look at that for me, yes it sounds like it needs a ford diagnostics to get any read out.

Hey man

Sorry you're having trouble with the lady !

My neighbor is having similar trouble with his focus ghia, and till now has found no solution. He has a lot of warning lamps switching randomly and sometimes the car doesn't even start.

The main warning he is receiving is the engine check and can't get his head around it.

My first thought was that he put water (by mistake) on one of the sensors but this isn't the case.

Would love some feedback from you

Joe

Hi Joe, thanks for the info, i'm non the wiser at moment, still the odd miss fire, hardly driving it at moment as never know when the limp mode and brekdown will occur, will inform you of any progress !

the problem has been solved apparently.

the issue was with one of the ecu and about 37 faults have been found. i suggest you get the ford guys to have another look with the computer.

cya round

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

• 1 month later...

Finally had a ford diagnostics test on my Focus estate, 1.8L Duratorq-DI

Main fault recorded on ECU was,

P1202 relating to fault on injector No 2. Maybe caused by Wiring Harness short to battery or Ground.

U1900 Can bus fault. Not getting data from other sensors relating to Engine speed and RPM

U2023 Can bus failure, Data not being passed between PCM & ESP, maybe causing traction light to come on.

C1956 Steering angle fault, wiring or sensor problem.

B1318 battery low voltage.

All double Dutch to me !! Would it be possible to change just the offending injector No 2 that has been highlighted in

the diagnostic test ?? Or change all of the injectors, it sounds very expensive, not sure how expensive though !!