Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ggr St240 Package

neil1jnr

Hi,

I came across the Graham Goode Racing ST240 package as per the link below:

http://shop.grahamgoode.com/ggr-fiesta-st180-240bhp-conversion-package-ft-superchips-st240-ggf5240-73448-p.asp

Has anyone got this intake and induction set up with the map? If the figures are correct that is huge gains without going for an exhaust/intercooler to go with it.

I have the MP215 kit but I have the feeling I'll be trading in my Fiesta in a few months for..... another new ST3, so I am already looking at what package to get this time.

Any input is appreciated.

Cheers

On STOC I've only seen one person say they had it fitted, they don't have it anymore, their car went into limp mode a few times.

General feeling was that the figures were over optimistic to say the least for a map and filter the 0-60 times were similar to most stage 1 cars, so this seems to be a stage 1 taken to the maximum, so might not be the most reliable/safest way of getting the power.

If your not bothered about warranty go for a stage 2 with an intercooler, sports cat might be needed but a cat back won't unless you want more noise.

Plenty of choice these days, don't be distracted by the bhp figures or the low prices.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info.

That is off putting if a car is going into limp mode with it, I emailed their sales address anyway with a few questions.

Is the intercooler and sports cat worth it, they are both circa £350 each?

I've got the induction hose and air filter with a mountune map, only went into limp mode once at 150mph

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 2

the 0-60 is no different from the Mountune package at 217BHP? same sort of cost but don't get it.

Pumaspeed's 240 pack costs a whopping £2K, seems this one is a tad optimistic. too good to be true.

PS also have a 300BHP pack now @ £4K!!!

I've got the induction hose and air filter with a mountune map, only went into limp mode once at 150mph

:O 150mph? I didn't realise the Fiesta could hit that, i'v hit about just over 130mph on A-roads, the MP215 is pretty dam quick the more I think about it!

the 0-60 is no different from the Mountune package at 217BHP? same sort of cost but don't get it.

Pumaspeed's 240 pack costs a whopping £2K, seems this one is a tad optimistic. too good to be true.

PS also have a 300BHP pack now @ £4K!!!

Yeah, I think it sounds too good to be true for an CAI and map.

Wow really? How is it?

I don't think 0-60 times will be the best indicator as unless you have some super sticky tyres you can't put the power down in first.

No matter what I do it lights up the tyres in first as soon as it gets a sniff of full throttle, even after clutch fully depressed.

I've got to 130mph quite fast a few times, though I didn't feel as though it would get to 150, 145 maybe, 150 downhill!

As said I think 240bhp is optimistic on a map and filter, I'd have thought you would need an intercooler to genuinely get that power

After reading a bit further, it is just a different bluefin map.

I might email superchips on Monday and see if I can get that map, as I have basically the same induction setup.

If they will let me try it I'll let you know if it feels any quicker than it does now with the standard bluefin map

GGR have 2 different part numbers for their air filter, and state that the 240 map must be used with a their filter with its own part number. It's possible the filter with the kit has a different size duct and that the map is set up for that airflow.

Ahh yes, and they also say that particular induction kit can only be used with the 240map, and will throw errors up with the standard map, which supports that it might have a different diameter housing.

Sounds similar to what Steve is experiencing in the other thread

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking into the bluefin and looks like nothing but trouble, normally putting the car in limp mode, heard of a new foci ST blowing an engine after running their map, if you are look for more gains I'd say Revo pal, only £60 to upgrade from stage 1 to stage 2 after you have bought a front mounted intercooler and exhaust