Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Powershift Box

ChrisH

Hi. Just bought a 61 plate cmax, 2.0tdci titanium with the powershift box. Never really having used an auto box in the past, I wondered if there are any issues I should look out for with this. Its done 17000 miles, and was used mainly for town driving with a bit of long distance thrown in. Now its mainly motorway driving. How often does the fluid need to be changed etc. It had its 3yr srrvice done by the dealer, infact its been serviced by the dealer since new. Would welcome any thoughts.

make sure the transmission oil and filter has been changed at 3 years or 37.5k interval which ever the sooner, if it hasnt then i would recommend it gets done.

Couldnt agree more, I had the MK1 CMAX 1.6 TDCi with the cacky ZF gearbox - they didnt bother changing the fluid as part of the service and many many many customers ended up with an exceptionally large and expensive paperweight!

Thanks. Had an email back from the dealer saying that he can confirm it was done. Theres nothing in the service book though. Would thus email hold up with ford if anything was to go wrong with the box? The box appears absolutely fine at the min. Will it be on the ford database??

It should be but the lack of marking in the book stands in your favour email back advising you will be using this email if any further issues develop as you have nothing written in your possession confirming the job was completed

If its been done then surely they can print off a copy invoice of it being done even if they cut off the previous owners details.

You would like to think, but if I trusted every garage who said 'oh sure we did that job' either not having a clue, or knowing they didn't to cash in... There may be no invoice to claim so the response may go....

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club