Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Induction Kit Issue.

tanner88

Fitted my focus mk2 1.8 tdci with a ramair foam filter. Removed airbox also.

The sound is great but performance is poor. Bottom end power ok but seems like it takes longer to get to speed?

Is this because i need to get it remapped/? Its not heatsoak as I tried it in airbox too.

Any help appreciated

Likely its he's soak unless these filters are right in the cool air they're useless most reduce performance put it this way why spend millions designing an air intake if bolting a filter on would do as is claimed they produce noise little else.

You can fit a shroud but you're still sucking in warm air from inside the bay unless you make pipework to extend the filter down to the area around the radiator you'll keep getting heat soak but you do that the filter gets wet reducing power and the air has further to travel a remap would even it out for all the cost and hassle you'll get 3-4bhp from the filter at best more with a remap.

After looking at their kits I would say they are not made specific to each car the focus 1.4 filters the same as a mini coopers so its just a universal filter which depending on the car wont be appropriate putting it in the airbox won't help I'm afraid

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Ah well this sucks!

I'll try placing it back in the airbox and give it another go.

Or like you say, I could try extending the pipe work

I will buy a cold air feed pipe, where would be the best place to put the air filter so it gets the maximum cold air flow?

just under pass headlight you see the small gap at the back of it

I have a green cotton filter and kept the standard airbox in and it works great

How much did you pay for the direct replacement green cotton filter?

Messaged ramair seller to get their.opinion. They replied

I do not believe it to be heat soak, especially in our climate and with the vehicle only being used on roads rather than track.

However it will only benefit the kit adding cold air feed to it

they would say that wouldnt they no offence but what would they really know the climate means little the engine bay has hot air with little oxygen open the bonnet after a run and you can feel it thats what the kits sucking in honest opinion it was designed or tested to fit a focus its clearly designed for multiple cars

Thanks for reply. Daft question. Where is the breather pipe for air filter located? Does this need blocking off now I got after market filter?

On you're engine in not sure on the petrol its a plastic pipe that comes from the rocker cover and goes into the side of the airbox inside the airbox is a small foam filter that catches any oil a decent filter should have an attachment for this pipe otherwise you'll need to bodge it.or fit a seperste oil breather filter to the car

The breather pipe wont make any difference performance wise

Quick update! Unplugged MAF sensor. Power has come back and seems faster than before? No warning lights. Filter did come with a blue plug to put on breather pipe.

Thanks again for replying back :-)

Thats interesting... my maf sensor was faulty 3 months ago and i purchased a new one and the car was fine. Confused.com but at least it works lol.

How weird lol. EML on now but not too fussed as its doing no harm. Maybe need a new maf then? It almost feels like I've derestricted the

car lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club