Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Heater Water Inlet Hose

conk1974

Hi all,

I have a focus from year 2000 with that overheating problem. Its the one where a working thermostat doesn't allow water to return from the radiator. I was told to carry out the modification on the water hoses from Technical service Bulletin No.005/2001, by fitting the "heater water inlet hose kit", part number 1139359. Problem is its £80! I have plenty of t-pieces and spare coolant hoses around and was thinking of making up a kit myself. Looking at the picture it looks simply like two t-pieces and a piece of hose between them.

Is that all it really is or are there any internal valves or parts inside?

Thanks in advance!$_57.JPG

• 2 years later...

Hi

Yeah I made up a hose myself and it worked a charm immediately. I just followed the original design by trying to match the hose sizes as best I could. Made it up, cut the hoses and fitted it to the engine. Topped up with coolant and on the test run it worked straight away. I didn't fit any restriction in the hoses just left them as they were. 

Do it!!! It  really is a doddle!!! 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club