Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacing standard radio cassette with Ford CD unit

nickmcd333

I recently bought my girlfriend a KA 1.3 (02 plate) which came with the original Cassette Radio unit. A local car dealer let me have the CD unit out of a Collection model that was going to the auction and we checked that it worked and had the right radio code before taking it out. I have tried to replace the unit but it won't turn on. I know it is recieving power as the red light flashes if I take the facia off but it won't turn on to allow me to put the code in.

Has anyone any ideas on why it won't work as I thought it would just be a straight swop?

• 1 month later...

I recently bought my girlfriend a KA 1.3 (02 plate) which came with the original Cassette Radio unit. A local car dealer let me have the CD unit out of a Collection model that was going to the auction and we checked that it worked and had the right radio code before taking it out. I have tried to replace the unit but it won't turn on. I know it is recieving power as the red light flashes if I take the facia off but it won't turn on to allow me to put the code in.

Has anyone any ideas on why it won't work as I thought it would just be a straight swop?

Are all the fuses good? There are normally two branches of +12v - a thin cable to keep the radio settings intact (and also flash that LED) and a thicker one which actually supplies the POWER; which is normally ignition switched (with the key).

Check both of these have power.

Chris...