Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pulling The Girl Card Here

cmaxer78

Hi all. Hope your all well. Car still working beautifully after all your advice to previous posts. Quick question, some dimwit , pulled out on me no real damage done but they've managed to snap the plastic black bit on my passenger mirror ( the bit that runs from top of door to the start of door panel) the mirror and housing works fine. I just need to know the name of the black panel bit so I can replace it. ( I've currently done a bodge job sticking it together with tape and not sure how long it will last. )Thanks all x

Take a photo to a scrappy - or email a photo to anyone breaking one on eBay

That part is generally known as the mirror sail, I don't think you'd be able to buy it on it's own from a Ford dealer and trying to swap one from a scrap mirror onto yours would likely end up with 2 piles of mirror parts on the floor which you can't get back together.

I'd say either find a full mirror on eBay or from a scrappy. You may be able to get a non-genuine new part off eBay a lot cheaper than from a Ford dealer.

The part you are referring to is indeed an integral part of the whole mirror unit.

Unfortunately they are not available seperately from the mirror itself.

Agreed. When I replaced the mirror from Ford it cost about 80 to 100 (it was a long time ago so I don't remember the exact price)