Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2.5 Factory Sat Nav.

youngy_315

Hi all

Having used the search and getting no conclusive answer I need some assistance.

My factory fitted sat nav has the "no gps" in the information section.

Firstly, is the only way to get the exact model fitted to my car going to be by removing it or should there be some documentation?

I have a 60 plate mk2.5 2.0 tdci and have read conflicting answers as the where the gps receiving module is. Could any shed some more light on where it should be?

I understand I can get a new receiver with a fakra connector if it comes to it??

And lastly, is there any way other than through ford I can update the maps on the sd card?

Many thanks in advance.

You don't need a GPS receiver, you need a GPS antenna (there is a difference, and they are not interchangeable),

Your documentation is your order, which should read Ford SD satnav with touchscreen, or you can check with your VIN on ETIS. The user manual covers several models ( if I remember correctly).

You can either replace the GPS antenna on the roof (the knobbly base of the radio antenna), or get a patch antenna, and install it somewhere on the IP (you need to take the satnav out to connect it, but this is the cheaper option).

You can get the SD (which has to be the correct tomtom SD for your Ford system - there are several) online (e.g., http://www.navishop24.de/product_info.php/products_id/919 ), but Ford could actually be cheaper, esp. if they have a sale on maps like they did last year.

• Like 1

Ok thanks for the reply. It is definitely the antenna yes. Error in description on my part. Are they easily replaced? I'll have to check for sure with the model sat nav I have but I guess the antenna would still be at the base of the aerial?

I will wait on the maps side of things. I don't usually need sat nav anyway and if all else fails I can read a paper map.

Thanks again for your help

The antennas (antenna base) are the same for all satnavs. To deinstall, you need to take of the interior light (incl. cover).

• Like 1

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

Is the only place to get these through ford? All the ones I have come across online state without sat nav.

It's a Ford part, I don't know who else would stock them.

• 3 weeks later...

So I called up ford who are useless and couldn't confirm the actual part I need for the car. I removed the aerial base myself and it is all corroded fairly bad.

My questions are; should the aerial remove from the base or is it a fixed unit?

Can you open the aerial base or to clean it up or is it a sealed unit? I had a play around but didn't want to ruin it just yet as I like a radio for my commute.

I have a 60 plate diesel focus if that changes any of the answers above.

Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club