Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync Not Recognising Usb Device (ipod)

Sam Thompson

Hi all, I have had my 2013 Titanium X for about 6 weeks now and all gone well so far, really love it.

I have had my iPod classic plugged into the USB and it's been working fine, can talk to it to tell it what to play so that's cool.

I went on holiday for a week so had the iPod unplugged for that time, since then it was coming up with indexing tracks for quite a while each time I connected to it, I was listening to the radio so ignored it.

Now I can't get it to do anything, it comes up with usb connecting error?

I have tried my iPhone and that doesn't work either, the devices charge when I plug them in so I know the USB socket is working.

Anyone got any idea's of what's happened or how to fix it?

look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards

Sam.

Do you have any other cables you can try?

I tried another cable for my phone because the phone has the lightening connector and the iPod has the previous connector.

It seems weird that the USB is able to charge the device but it's not recognised.

There are 4 cables for USB, power, ground and two for data.

You only need one of the data ones to have a bad connection and it will charge but not transfer data properly.

Have you tried something simple like a USB stick, to make sure there are no software or connection issues?

Oh that's a good idea, would you suggest putting a few music files on a USB stick and trying that?

If I go into the SYNC menu and find browse USB it say not device connected.

I have a year left on the manufacturers warranty, if there is something wrong would this be covered?

Sorry for all the questions

If it is something wrong with the car, it should be covered yes.

Yeah I would try a few mp3s on a USB stick and see how it does with that initially.

Thank you for your help, I will try that tonight/over the weekend and let you know how I get on.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club