Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aftermarket Head Unit - Adapter With Steering Wheel Controls

V8Darren

Hi guys,

Does anyone have any idea on how to determine the correct adapter lead from quadlock to ISO.

I have searched car audio sites with my exact model and year, but they all come back with about 4 different varieties of adapter leads. Some are CANBUS with reverse, speed pulse, handbrake etc but without an ignition feed, some don't have the CANBUS but do have the ignition feed. The CANBUS cables usually state from 2007 >, whereas the others are 2005 > (not 2005 > 2007).

Can i use any of these leads, only the more expensive CANBUS leads have more features?

The actuals steering wheel control part isn't an issue, they all have a box which you plug in the adapter for your specific head unit, it's just knowing which damn lead to get in the first place.

My car is a 2008 Focus (Mk2.5) CC-3 with the oval head unit, steering wheel controls, bluetooth, and voice control.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Does anyone have any idea on how to determine the correct adapter lead from quadlock to ISO.

I have searched car audio sites with my exact model and year, but they all come back with about 4 different varieties of adapter leads. Some are CANBUS with reverse, speed pulse, handbrake etc but without an ignition feed, some don't have the CANBUS but do have the ignition feed. The CANBUS cables usually state from 2007 >, whereas the others are 2005 > (not 2005 > 2007).

Can i use any of these leads, only the more expensive CANBUS leads have more features?

The actuals steering wheel control part isn't an issue, they all have a box which you plug in the adapter for your specific head unit, it's just knowing which damn lead to get in the first place.

My car is a 2008 Focus (Mk2.5) CC-3 with the oval head unit, steering wheel controls, bluetooth, and voice control.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Darren,

Welcome to the forum,

See my guide here includes a link to the full kit required, contains everything required in one purchase

Link: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/63689-guide-fitting-aftermarket-headunit-mk25-focus-2008-2011/

Any questions feel free to ask,

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all that info Lenny, though unfortunately it didn't really cover the info I needed about the leads. In the end I called up the technical team at Connects2 audio accessories, who make the leads.

Just in case there's anyone else in my situation, here's how to find out which lead you need (applied to focus' from around 2004 to 2011).

1. Remove the existing head unit from the car
  2. Remove the quadlock from the back of the unit NOTE: YOU WILL NEED YOUR RADIO CODE as this will clear it, it may also wipe your favorite radio stations/settings.
  3. Using this diagram and a multimeter
    FordFocusQuadlockPinout-620x465.jpg
    put the positive lead from the multimeter on Connector A - Pin 16 and the negative lead on Connector A - Pin 12.

If you switch the ignition to position 2 and you have around 12v there, you need the non-CANBUS lead
    if you have 0 volts, you need the CANBUS lead.
  4. Re-fit your radio and order the correct lead.

The codes for the leads are

Non-CANBUS - CTSFO002.2

CANBUS - CTSFO003.2

Hope this helps someone.

...now all I need to do is find a feed up front for the reverse switch to activate my camera.

• Like 1

There we have it people;

Best answer to any question you may have, is your own answer :lol:

Connects are world leaders in aftermarket conversion, there equipment is the best on the market,

Ive used alot of there products in my build and im actually featuring an interview with Ben @Connects2 in there new magazine due for release in September,

I didn't check wheather mine was canbus or not at the time of fitting the aftermarket headunit,

However from reading the above post seems my 2010 isint CanBus neither,

IMG_20150328_142212_zps1xvvkyqh.jpg

I saved limited space at the rear of the headunit by using the Haynes manual for reference to splice all cables,

Saves the space for RCA cables rather than ISO block taking up space,

I've 13 RCA's two usb's and a HDMI connected to rear so i had to minimise connectors.

IMG_20150328_203140_zpsiqxzsona.jpg

The above post will surly help others diagnose correct cable required.

• Like 1

Damn, that's a lot of cables.You must have an RCA in every output on the back of your head unit. Luckily for me, I only have the 1 RCA for the reversing camera at the moment (no external amps of rear screens etc), 2 USBs, 1 phono AV, and an HDMI.

Looks like I'm going to have to fit a switch for the reversing camera, or run a cable all the way to the back, which I was trying to avoid.

Damn, that's a lot of cables.You must have an RCA in every output on the back of your head unit. Luckily for me, I only have the 1 RCA for the reversing camera at the moment (no external amps of rear screens etc), 2 USBs, 1 phono AV, and an HDMI.

Looks like I'm going to have to fit a switch for the reversing camera, or run a cable all the way to the back, which I was trying to avoid.

Yeah lol two amps is six RCA's

Then rear DVD screen is 3 rca output to headunit

1 rca output from headunit to rear screen,

1 rca input from reverse camera

USB routed to centre console,

HDMI to glovebox

Other USB for CarPlay connection,

Have a 2 way splitter under glovebox for TV tuner and Playstation 2 :lol:

Also 4G Wifi in glovebox

Only way to do the reverse signal is to route a cable as you say mate,

Unfortunitly yours is a convertable which limits your path ways for routing.

Had the cable been CanBus you wouldnt have had to do this part,

But will be worth the effort,

Routing cables is like watching child birth,

Euphoric feeling when you finally see the head of the cable peeking through.

but a lot of pain to get that far.

:)

• 4 weeks later...