Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Slow Puncture?

The Dark Knight

Anyone had a slow puncture recently and if so what is the cost of repair? I checked the tyre pressures yesterday and all but the front drivers side were down by 2 PSI.

The front drivers side was down by 15 PSI! I must say it looked a bit low hence I checked and pumped them all up. I will keep an eye on it for sure.

The last time I had a slow puncture was 11 years ago on a Focus and I can't remember how much the repair cost.

They are around £20 from most tyre places. But it all depends on the condition of the tyre and if its been driven on for too long while it's flat "run flat". You can normally tell by looking at the tyre and if there's a dark black ring going around the tyre it normally means it's been run flat so it's no good but sometimes you can get away with it depending on the size of the tyre.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 2

2 places we use for tyres and puncture repairs are £10. one of them just recently went up from £7.50.

kwik fit i believe charge £22?? So i was told the other day. Wouldnt be getting £20 from me for a repair.

• Like 1

Tyres not seating correctly in the inner rim is a possibility - my Mondeo ST TDCi was notorious for this issue on the front wheels only though

• Like 1

Thanks for the input. It is the first time this has happened and the wheels and tyres have not been adjusted in any way since last time I checked the pressures and they were all down by just 1 or 2 PSI that time. I certainly haven't noticed anything untoward while driving and the tyre only seemed slightly down compared to the others as opposed to it being very obvious.