Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sound Deadening

j.beesley

Hi all

Looking to apply some sound deadening in the front doors of my Focus mk2. I have the front Speakers amped with a 10" sub in the back - in short it's causing too many rattles for my liking and makes some base notes cringe worthy even though the set up sounds amazing.

Anyway I am going to replace the panel clips and want to install some sound deadening. I don't want to spend Dynamat or Silent coat prices just a cheap alternitave. Any reccomendatons?

Ive been looking in to this for quite some time,

I don't think you need to spend anywhere near as much as the dynamat stuff, all your trying to do is prevent the panel from vibrating, if anything the glue is probably more important to ensure a solid bond.

If you place your hand against the panel you will remove most of the noise so I figured there must be better options, i started looking in to caravan insulation, I figured it was essentially the same stuff trying to do the same thing, so I found this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161695510169?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It even looks similar to the more expensive stuff, I've not got it yet but I think that stuff will more than suffice for deadening and might even add a small amount of insulation

• Like 3

Thank you for the suggestion.

I plan on getting better front Speakers - the Ones I have aren't bad performers but I won't to get the most out of my set up. I want to do everything in one go when it comes to doing the doors as having them off all the time will just weaken the clips again after buying new ones.

that looks a good product Dee and you get a good amount too

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club