Sign in to follow this  
Randoms

Road Trip

Well yesterday evening we returned from the family holiday/road trip to the Scottish Highlands - strathpeffer (30mins northeast of Inverness was our base).

Clocked up 1390 miles in total & I must say the scenery was breathtaking.

I struggled to keep my eyes on the road alot of the time, speaking of roads the scottish love speed cameras & surface of some roads that cross from east/west are like driving off road!

All in all had a great time & would recommend a trip to the Highlands (you forget we have some beautiful places in our own back yard).

I was also more than impressed with the performance of the focus (see attached photo from trip up), used cruse control set between 60 & 70mph due to cameras, had 3 x adults, 1 child, dog & boot filled so rear window covered.

post-63857-143853317289_thumb.jpg

Know what you mean absolutely breathtaking scenery we did from just outside Glasgow along faislane upto inviarie headed out towards Oban then down the length of Loch Lomond in one day nice steady 50 to take the scenery in my mate who lives up that way says do the trosacks next time it's even better so that's in the planning .

Know what you mean absolutely breathtaking scenery we did from just outside Glasgow along faislane upto inviarie headed out towards Oban then down the length of Loch Lomond in one day nice steady 50 to take the scenery in my mate who lives up that way says do the trosacks next time it's even better so that's in the planning .

I spent sometime at faslane years ago & went around Loch Lomond then, would love to go right up the west coast sometime & possibly up to John o groats.

Only thing I'd that despite the scenery once your north of Glasgow or Edinburgh it seems to take an age to get from A to B on 'B' roads.

I have to agree Scotland is just stunning and great roads. No speed cameras in the west but the A9 is to be avoided. See my thread for details of my recent trip with my son.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?/topic/71847-Phil-%26-Tom%27s-Big-Scottish-Adventure

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app