Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bulb Or Glass Object Seemingly Fell Out Of My Engine Bay Whilst Driving?

Reliance

I know the title sounds kind of odd so I will try to explain the best I can. I drive a 2007 mk2 Focus, 1.6l Sport automatic petrol.

I was driving around a pretty hectic, very large roundabout leaving my town leading onto a 50mph road, when I heard a banging/clattering seemingly coming from my engine bay and then something banging and bouncing off the underside of the car before smashing on the road. In my rearview mirror it appeared to be either a bulb or something glass with a round metal fitting on the end. This happened on a very busy stretch of road with 4 lanes merging into 2, literally impossible to stop there. From the sound my initial thought was that something happened to one of my headlights and it fell under the car.

I stopped at a Halfords, took a look at all my lights front and back, and they are all fine and working as normal, and no obvious signs of it being anything else. No warning lights came on and there's no change to how the car is driving. I asked the Halfords assistant and he was as clueless as me. My gf suggested it could have came from the car in front but I don't think so, due to the noise of something falling/rattling through the engine bay. This happened as I was driving around a roundabout and there was a slight bump in the road, going no more than 30mph.

Any ideas? Any similar experiences?

Thanks,

Will

Hi will, I've experienced something like this after working on my car.. I thought that I'd accounted for all the tools and other items I'd used or changed while under the bonnet, only to have a socket work it's way through the engine bay with an alarming clatter while driving around afterwards. Hopefully your experience is a result of someone forgetting to tidy up after changing a bulb.. Best wishes, Martin

Ditto what I was going to suggest

Hi will, I've experienced something like this after working on my car.. I thought that I'd accounted for all the tools and other items I'd used or changed while under the bonnet, only to have a socket work it's way through the engine bay with an alarming clatter while driving around afterwards. Hopefully your experience is a result of someone forgetting to tidy up after changing a bulb.. Best wishes, Martin

this. it could be that you forgot to put a bulb away after changing it or someone else did (garage).

• Like 1

All lights including fog lights, indicators etc work fine. I haven't changed any lights myself personally and haven't had any work done on the car since February. Have put about 3000 miles on the clock since then with no issues.

Whatever is was could have been there for some considerable time, how long have you had the car ?.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club