Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dashcam Footage (mini 0806)

shiwarrior

Hi all

Finally got mine fitted, and I believe the camera was out of focus so I took it back and got another one, repositioned it so its not showing my dash as much and its still out of focus I think

I have a mini 0806, anyone got one that they can upload a couple of small clips for me to see please so I can check It against mine ?

I'll upload mine for comparison when I know how

Thanks

If you have a heated screen the elements make it look a bit fuzzy.

Mine was the same camera I think, just a different name.

Cheers

cant post links for some reason. cant paste on here ???

mine looks better quality, and in doing more research from another forum, it seems to be right, just got to change the position of my CPL filter

If you press the 'switch' at the top left of the reply box should be able to post links.

I was disappointed with mine tbh, only had it in a week lol. Hoping to get an SJ4000 instead, to use as a dash cam and 'action' cam. :)

If you press the 'switch' at the top left of the reply box should be able to post links.

I was disappointed with mine tbh, only had it in a week lol. Hoping to get an SJ4000 instead, to use as a dash cam and 'action' cam. :)

Be careful with the SJ4000 there are loads brands selling a go pro like cam called the SJ4000 on amazon, not sure if they are all the same quality or not?

I think they're all a cheap version of the Go-Pro made by one company tbh, a few of my mates have them and they seem to be pretty good for the price. I'm always sceptical with this sort of thing as well though!

The only reason I was know is I was looking for a cheap action cam for the water slides while on holiday, but using as a dash cam seems like a good idea. Can they be powered through a cable or are they just rechargeable battery powered? I would hardwire mine in if I took the plunge :)

The SJ can be powered through a mini USB cable so fine as a dash cam. Do need to buy an extra mount for the windscreen though and cable for lighter socket though. There better dash cams for the money, but I can't find a better all rounder so far.

• Like 1

The SJ can be powered through a mini USB cable so fine as a dash cam. Do need to buy an extra mount for the windscreen though and cable for lighter socket though. There better dash cams for the money, but I can't find a better all rounder so far.

Also I am guessing you would turn this on and off each time, some dash cams auto record when detection movement.

Do some dedicated dash cams also wipe the oldest clip too when SD Card is almost full? This would have to be done manually too.

I am no expert on dash cams I am still looking into them myself so could be way off here :D

It would turn itself on when you switch the ignition on (if hardwired). It also does 'loop recording' (deleting the oldest file and recording new).

Some dash cams do have motion detection but that's for if you're parked and someone hits the car, the SJ doesn't have that function as far as I'm aware.

The mini 806 had at the last time I checked 3 different batches, the first 2 had significant issues, notably focus. When buying the camera you need to look for something like new batch in the title

https://dashcamtalk.com/mini-0806/

Most dash cams regardless of brand are made in china or Korea, the china versions are very often exactly the same as branded cameras you find on the high street, usually the qc is shocking tho.

The 806 falls in to this trap. I think its the third batch that get things sorted, problem is online retailers don't want left with crap stock so ship them out without any thought to the user. When it works the 806 is a good cam, the problem is the getting it to work bit.

Korean cams tend to be more expensive but the qc is second to none.

I brought a thinkware F750 dual camera

http://thinkware.com/Products/Dashcam/f750

• Like 1

I have the mobius Dash cam hard wired in for about a year now and it works a treat. I have it hidden up behind the rear view mirror with a custom bracket I made and the quality it gives day and night is amazing. There are also lots of accessories for it like a water proof cover, different mounts, lens ect as it can be used as an action cam as well as a dash cam ect.

my first 0806 had bad focus, so I told the seller and about it and said its an old batch, so they sent me a new build one, and its great !!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club