Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where Is My Egr??????

tazzman600

Mk3 focus 1.6 diesel. Where's my EGR? Hopefully pics included.

1st pic is of engine bay

Next is to the left side of the engine as it looks to me that's where it might be.

Last pic is taken best as possible at the rear of the engine block. Other pics are at different angles of the block. I've got my blanking plate but can't see where to put it.

There doesn't seem to be anywhere at the rear right side of the block where the egr could be.

Thanks in advance

post-36756-144076049614_thumb.jpg

post-36756-144076052842_thumb.jpg

post-36756-144076055272_thumb.jpg

post-36756-144076059829_thumb.jpg

post-36756-144076079546_thumb.jpg

In pic 4 that should be where the EGR valve is, different looking to my older 1.6 MK2 but you can see the braided sleve on the EGR cooler pipe, that leads to the EGR valve, looks like the black plastic I can see sticking out is the top of the EGR, that will be the solenoid that controls the EGR valve.

Let us know how you get on, as where you need to put your blanking plate is right underneath the fuel filter housing and it doesn't look easy to remove.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Great pic Stoney. Thanks. Sorry to say but it's a helluva job to put a blanking plate in the mk3 focus diesel. Too hard for me. Had a look underneath too but that's nigh on impossible. As for the top. The fuel filter and housing g needs to be removed (too hard a job for me and I tried but possibly fecked up somewhere ). So I've given up. I'll use an egr cleaner spray 2 or 3 times a year and use top notch fuel and oil and two oil changes a year due to my low mileage.

Thanks again guys.

If someone manages to do it the please do tell how you did it.

• Like 1

You cant block it on a Euro 5 anyway. They monitor pressure both sides and will throw a fault instantly. They wised up to the EGR blocking

I can believe that madmole seeing what a t### of a job it is.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club