Sign in to follow this  

Street Pack Alloys

Going to look at some street pack alloys tomorrow and was just wondering if anyone knows how hard it is to change the steering rack limiter ?

Will they not clash with my bodywork though ? It would be going from 195s to 205s

Will they not clash with my bodywork though ? It would be going from 195s to 205s

pm'd you mate

Mine are 205 40 17s and have no rub problems I had them on my last fiesta too and they was fine. Like u I was worried and fitted rack limiter on my last car but turning circle was poor so I took them off and had no problems so when I got my new car I just put them strait on.

On a side note, is it difficult to remove the steering limiter? If I knew for certain they wouldn't rub, I'd be interested in getting some turning circle back!

I didn't touch mine in the end because I've had no problems but I think it's straight forward

Yep they can be removed I had some fitted aand hated them so had them removed

I think the steering rack limiter is more for lowerd cars but I have clearance both sides on both of my fiestas

I have plenty of clearance aswell glad I didn't bother buying any now

I wonder if it might be worth asking my friendly mechanic, then... Other than the stock lowering on the Zetec S, my car has not been lowered and nor am I going to do so! To regain some turning circle would be great.

I would if lowering more keep them on if not take them off and enjoy the smaller turning circle