Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2011 Mk3 Audio Update Question

efiste2

Apologies if this is detailed elswhere, but is it actually possible to update the software in my audio unit fitted as standard to my 2011 Focus, its the standard ford unit. I have searched a few posts and have found several comments, but id simply like to ask the basic question and if possible how to do it safely without causing any issues .

Cheers

• Like 1

It used to be possible for the presence sync system. Ford had a website for it, but it doesn't seem to work anymore.

The update (Ford Audio Update released in 2012) was only applicable to very early Focus MK3 vehicles with the old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system (with fixed language). This update is not applicable to late Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system (on which the language can be changed) and the newer SYNC system.

The Ford Audio Update does only affect the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module. The radio unit remains untouched by this update.

If you want to update the radio unit you should go to a Ford dealer. There is no easy way to determine which software is compatible (software numbers/names are often completely different). Even if you have a diagnostic system which is capable to upgrade the software it is almost impossible to figure out which software version is compatible.

Ford only support sync now 2012 onwards, the latest ford audio update is March 2012 iirc which will already be installed

The latest type of module of the old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol sytem is still supported by Ford (software updates can only be performed by a Ford dealer). This type of module has part number CS7T-14D212-XX and is installed during production from 16-01-2012 to 18-06-2012. After this date the SYNC 1.0 system superseded the old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system.

A module with part number CS7T-14D212-XX is backwards compatible with the earlier 8M5T-19C112-XX module of the Focus MK2.5 and early MK3. However on a Focus MK2.5 the newer type of module needs to be reconfigured manually and software updates can not be performed on a Focus MK2.5. On an early Focus MK3 the newer type of module will be plug and play. The vehicle will detect the module and configure its settings automatically by the settings of the Central Car configuration of the BCM.

I'm confused as to why the cars audio unit would need updating. There must be a very big difference between the Sony unit fitted to a titanium x and a none Sony unit.

Basically the DAB radio sometimes drops out and the USB soemtimes crashes, and the random playback option isnt random...

In my nievity I thought there maybe an update to the software that would maybe address the issues. From you chaps expert adive, Im going to leave well alone ;-) thanks

Oh. Well from my experience of DAB that's normal for drop out as signal changes a lot from area to area and there are Far too many dead zones in places you just wouldn't think possible. As for your other troubles I don't know. If I were you I'd buy another headunit of which there are plenty. Is your car a mk3 or mk2.5? If it's a 2.5 then Lenny is The man to get advice from.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club