Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Issues On Starting Up

gilliank81

Well since my original post the ignition problems seem to be getting worse.

it started with when putting the key in and turning the ignition it would occasionally start beeping, when it happens it will beep when engine is first turned on, when I put it into gear, when I first set off and then once more as I get the speed up. Since then the problem has now turned into when I put the key in and turn it to the second position normally the instruments would light up then I could turn it on, now it doesn't seem to be connecting as the instruments won't light up unless I hold the key in place. And now, for the last couple of weeks, the engine seems to just be cutting out, it's not me stalling the car, it just seems to be as if it is all things electrical just switches off and cuts out. The 3 times it has done it so far the first couple of times it was when I was stationary, tonight I was driving home and turned the corner and it cut out while I was still in motion. At an absolute loss and scared to drive the car and scared that it could cost a fortune to fix

[afont=lucida sans unicode]Hi,

Have a problem with my 57 plate Focus Ghia. Hoping someone can help or give any advice.

This doesn't happen everytime I start the engine. It seems quite random. When I put the key in there is a beep that sound like some sort of alarm, then when I put the car in gear it will beep again, and then it will beep once more as I start to pull away. Tonight it did the same thing, but after I reversed out of a parking space the engine cut out, started it back up, beeped again and the cut out again, but the key actually flipped back to the off position, started up again, beeped at me again but no engine cut off this time. Performance isn't effected, and no other issues with the car itself. But I'm hoping someone might be able to shed some light on what this might be.

Thanks

Gillian

Wiggle the key whilst engine running, do you get the same sound? Is it the "key in" warning sound?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club