Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dpf Removed But Smoking.

djobe

Hi, I've had my DPF internals removed.. I've not yet had it re-mapped but I'm just wondering will the re-map make a different to the amount of black smoke coming out of the exhaust? Another question, does blanking the EGR give many benefits? Thanks

If the mapper knows what he's doing there shouldn't be any smoke. If it's an eBay map there'll probably be more smoke lol.

Yes, blank the EGR valve, that's also technically illegal so might as well while you're doing the DPF. ;) But seriously, it's probably that being stuck open that blocked the DPF, and if you're having smoke issues that's another sign the EGR may not be working properly.

• Like 2

yes, the EGR can be blanked, as for black smoke, the ECU is still thinking that its there so it will be trying to run active regens and all sorts plus various sensors like the PPFT will not be what the ECU is expecting... plus there is a good chance its full of crap from hitting the brick with a hammer,, you really need to get the software removed

isn't blanking the egr also illegal though, you would be playing with the emissions system and altering it, might be wrong but just thought id throw that in there.

• Like 3

Blanking the EGRV is one of the best & cheapest things you can do for your engine

I can't comment on the DPF as gutting it is illegal

Gutting it is perfectly legal. Driving it on the road, isn't :)

• Like 2