Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2.5 Instrument Cluster Retrofit Pats Has No Key

burakcyprus

Hello everyone, i have a 2007 Focus mk2, i got a problem with my orginal cluster. Sometimes car wont start or when cruising i got an errors about "engine fault", "transmission fault"," acceleretaion reduced". Me and my electrical technician friend try to fix it but re-doing the solders not helped.

Couple days ago i bought a used mk2.5 cluster from breakers. Donor car is 2011 Focus mk2.5 1.6 a/t (start-stop). Dealership refuse the install an used item in my car so yesterday i found an independent garage the program my new cluster. We try to install via ids but we got an error says " pats not have an minimum key" and checked the pats, it has zero key on it. I read the related topics on the forum, i know cluster can be converted from keyless to normal pats but i can't find the appropiate software. The shop has an ids and vcm2 device. Technician and i spend 2 hours but i guess ids is not useful for this operation.

Thank for any helps

**English is not my main language, i tried my best. Sorry about the errors, have a nice day :)

how many keys do you have? when i used Forscan it needed 2.

the steps were to erase all the keys from the system and then program one key at a time. and then at the end to initialise the module.

The steps below are for the Forscan software but it may help: http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=839

you will also need to save the settings (including VIN) from the old cluster and import them into the new one, ELMConfig can do this, otherwise it might think it is from a different car and refuse to start

• Like 1

The PATS type setting of the MK2.5 instrument cluster needs to be changed from Keyless PATS (PATS functions controlled by an external (KVM) module) to normal PATS (PATS functions controlled by the instrument cluster).

The easiest way to do this is by using an ELM327 interface and the free ELMconfig program. After the PATS type settings are changed to the correct settings the keys (a minimum of 2) needs to be programmed to the instrument cluster and the instrument cluster needs to be paired with the PCM (PATS initialization).

• Like 1

Thanks for the answer @JW1982

I ordered a ford elm327 with switch option from eBay.co.uk but it takes 3 or 4 week to arrive. My friend got an elm327 but it hasn't got a switch and uses bluetooth. Can i use the bluetooth one for pats changing operation?

Or can I use elm program with vcm2 es6516 device?

Thanks for the answer ||Nexus|| I have 2 keys one with buttons and a solid no button key. I can use both with my old cluster with no problem.

I saw your topic about the forscan but something confused us, when we try to import files new cluster it gives error about the minimal key number.

The instrument cluster is connected to the HS-CANbus network and can be programmed with a normal (Unmodified) ELM327 interface without any problems.

The configuration file (AS-BUILT data) of an MK2 and MK2.5 instrument cluster is different. The easiest way to solve this is by configuring the MK2.5 instrument cluster manually. All configuration settings of the MK2.5 instrument cluster need to correspond with the car otherwise DTC codes will be generated and several functions may not work correctly. An MK2.5 instrument cluster has an additional settings section which needs to be active. Especially the clock setting is important. If this setting is not selected it may also cause various other (strange) problems.

Basically you have to configure the instrument cluster with the correct settings before you start to program the PATS system.

• 4 months later...

Hello,

hello, maybe you could help me ?
I have a 2006 ford focus ST225 with the old keyfree system (without power button) like this : http://s1130.photobucket.com/user/stoney871/media/emergencystartprocedurefordkeyless.jpg.html

I've buyed a used instrument cluster from a focus RS to have the big red screen instead of the small green one. In elmconfig at the page 2 of hec module I had set "old kvm system SSCD" to keep working keyfree system on doors but to start the car I have to use the emergency procedure otherwise the starter will not work. I would like to keep all the avantage of keyfree system with this instrument cluster, do you think it's possible ?

Sorry for my english...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club