Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bonnet Vent Help (Kenetic)

Juicehead99

So these bad boys turned up today, with templates.

Bit scratched and marked but at end of day nobody will look as hard as I will.m

Quick question...

When I cut template on inner line, this sits on bonnet

And we just use sealent to seal it to bonnet?

post-67960-144856282105_thumb.jpg

post-67960-144856287083_thumb.jpg

Tigerseal is the way forward.. make sure you make it look neat inside! Otherwise it'll bug you wether you think it will or not

The inside of the bonnet..

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Oh ok you mean the sealent that comes through when pushed down?

And the metalwork you cut through

OK. My under bonnet has framework to it instead of just one piece of metal sp will hide most of it from underneath anyway. But I will check

I know it will have framework, the mk6 does & so do most the other fiestas

But if you decide to cut through like some people do, do it neatly otherwise it'll drive you crazy deep down

Also, being a mk6 and having the issue with water working its way into the spark plug wells & other rubbish places, make sure you fit some kind of water drain or something under the vents to allow air in but force water away from engine components

Ye I use angle grinder alot in work so will smoothed all edges off and made it look neat.

Also I am aware that water will get in and once I confirm route its taking from each vent I will fix it.

Any common ways to direct flow of water whilst keeping it looking good?

• Like 1

Perhaps a "tray" underneath only allowing the water out in particular places? With holes in the right places for air

Hopefully it will fall and sit in framework then I can just drill hole in apropriote place lol

I was discussing this with wheels93 about this, seen this not for fiesta but focus to give you idea. Can be bought from www.teamtorquesteer as an engine bling kit.

post-39671-144879081921_thumb.jpg

Yunii

Or use some perspex sillicone it the drill hole for water exact to fit a tubing like screen jet hose & sillicone to the hole & guide it down for water to drain off to lower down of bonnet & outside.

Yunii

• Like 1

The guy in Facebook (Nick Wiley) who fits these also makes these trim plates for underneath to make them look neater

post-57375-0-05219400-1448795279_thumb.j

Someone cable tied a small paint tray to these plates to stop water dripping on his induction kit.

The water won't run in the bonnets frame work, if you bonded it correctly the water will only come through the vent and drip onto whatever's bellow, battery, air filter, cam cover etc

• Like 1

In getting mine fitted in the next few weeks too buddy.. They not be scratched, it maybe the plastic protective cover that is a little battered. One thing I have been advised to do and will be doing is to give them a couple of coats of laquer ;)

Adds protection and gloss

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club