Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rotten Santa And Clutch Problem

auldreekie

Ford focus mk1 52 according to ford etis page it is 90 ps which can be seen in engine bay, 1.8 tddi, 5 speed manual transmission MTX 75. RHD FWD.

On way to Xmas dinner on Xmas day with family in car the clutch decided to throw a strop and complain like heck that it wants replacing, serious slipping.

Replacing the clutch is not so much the problem, I'm not sure if my car has a dual mass flywheel or single type.

Can anyone tell me if the above model has a dmf or how to check it doesn't say on ford etis Web page. Does a dmf always need replacing with new clutch?

I think it has a dmf and yes I would change it at the same time I had my clutch and dmf done few months ago, cost £550 all in

The 1.8 TDDI has a single mass flywheel.
The 1.8 TDCI has a dual mass flywheel.

• Like 1

The 1.8 TDDI has a single mass flywheel.

The 1.8 TDCI has a dual mass flywheel.

What he says.

Are you doing the clutch yourself?

My son will be doing the job probably, he has a well equipped workshop, tools jacks etc etc. If he can't manage it it'll need to be a garage job. At 65yrs old my days of lying under cars removing gearboxes are well past

• Like 1

Had to put car into garage after all for clutch replacement, 500 quid. Asked them to put new oil in gearbox while they were at it.

My first state pension ever since turning 65 was paid on 23rd dec' and it all went on the car...bloomin typical

For the petrol heads the 52 reg mk1 focus ghia 1.8 tddi lynx/endura engine mtx 75 gearbox is a single mass flywheel, at least mine is ...bonus for me.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club