Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Focus Titanium owner (MK3)

yossi

Hi, 

I have a few newbie questions, I just bought my first focus, it's a 2014 mk3 model (titanium navigator).

- I thought all models had start/stop? I see no mention in the information displays so I'm guessing it doesn't have it (1.6 petrol engine)

- I´ve sen some videos on youtube with extra information in the trip computer, such as something called EcoMode or even a digital speedometer. 

In mine there´s no mention to ecomode anywhere and instead of speedometer I have the normal trip odometer in miles

cheers, I´m sure i'll have more questions eventually...!!

dont no about that car but welcome to the forum:smile:

I think the 1.6 Ti-VCT has a limited selection of compatible features, it is a pretty old engine.

Definitely no Stop-Start.

But welcome to FOC anyway :)

Left hand side of steering wheel should have up down left right, press up and down to change from trip mph mpg etc.

Regarding start stop, drive around for a bit to warm up the car, turn air con off and loud radio and things that drain the battery. Now pull up somewhere and put in to neutral. Take your foot off the clutch and the engine should now turn off. (keep your eye on the rev meter) 

Hi,

Don't assume that a Titanium has all the 'toys' as standard!!

Go to https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do;jsessionid=FF0098B056D2D1E1C2AB2600ECBA0FAB.fcvas504 and enter your VIN number. 

You will then see a column on the right showing 'Minor Features'. A line showing 'Less...' means your car's not got that feature and anything else means it's got it.

I used this when buying my Titanium, to see what extras it had. Luckily, the 1st owner ticked lots of boxes on the optional extra list! One was the Automatic Parking System, like you get with the Titanium X, but after 11 months, I've still not tried it!! 

Bear in mind that etis has been proven to be not 100% accurate

I didn't know about ETIS until last night. There I learn about the issues with the power shift auto transmission and that there's a new firmware update available. 

Many engine is duratec 1.6L so no auto start. 

welcome to the club :D.

Surely easiest way to figure out start/stop would have been to see if the button was there or not?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club