Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Finally Upgraded Head Unit to Sony

ZetecShearer1987

Well today ive finally upgraded my old ford head unit to the better sony unit on my mk3 focus

Its took a while to suss out the correct models to use and today ive finally swapped it over.

Nice easy job to do took around 20 mins to do and im really impressed by the sony unit, which has a snappier interface and colour screen and also better sound.

my advice to anyone looking to swap theirs over is to check the serials and match what your swapping over.

I cant thank people enough on this owners club who have advised me on which unit to get.

Thanks everyone

IMG_0148.JPG

IMG_0149.JPG

IMG_0150.JPG

• Like 1

One more thing. When i press display on the unit it shows this screen which is attached.

Is this ok or should something be displayed on here?

IMG_0151.JPG

1 minute ago, dezwez said:

looks good :smile:

Got it from a breakers off eBay, the fascia is immaculate, no scratches or scuffs.

My next job is to swap the instrument cluster, but im concerned about getting mileage corrected for the new cluster.

Looks absolutely brilliant, by matching serial numbers you mean match the stereo and screen? I'm looking to do this upgrade my self at some point, got centre console to do this coming month :) 

1 hour ago, dezwez said:

27 minutes ago, Ryan_Tango said:

Looks absolutely brilliant, by matching serial numbers you mean match the stereo and screen? I'm looking to do this upgrade my self at some point, got centre console to do this coming month :) 

Yes exactly, screen and main unit i matched, the sony fascia itself i think was different but was told it didnt matter with that, all central locking and hazard lights work still.

Defo worth the effort to upgrade

• Like 1

yes it remembered my iPhone 6 too.

voice control and bluetooth 100% worked for me, i lost no features i had before

I am about to do this upgrade as well.

From my research I thought the part no. prefix should be the same as what was originally in the car eg. am5t or bm5t.

It is also advisable to get a complete system from one donor car.

Am I understanding it correct as I am literally going to pick up a Sony system later today?

One more thing. When i press display on the unit it shows this screen which is attached.

Is this ok or should something be displayed on here?

IMG_0151.thumb.JPG.c8361759e40dd2c844a68e78c82acaef.JPG

Mine does this as well, I persume it's normal.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club