Do Not Sell My Personal Information

my OCD has no limits.. (rattling noise)

yossi

So, about 1 week into owning a 14 reg focus, a weird rattling noise around the driver's side dashboard was driving me crazy.

I carefully checked every piece of plastic I could think of, before "determining" it was coming from inside the right hand side vent. I even bought silicone spray and carefully applied it following some advice online.

Well, the rattle got worse. And then.. magically I found the origin. A f**** water bottle I had in the door bin. A BOTTLE OF WATER. And it drove me insane for almost a week.

I have no cure.. :)

• Like 2

Back when I had a Fiesta I got annoyed with a plastic bag being crunched kind of noise, got so annoyed by it I had most of the interior in pieces never found out what it was, then one day while cleaning out my glove box behold a packet of crisps behind the glove box compartment not even opened and dated with a best before September 10 this was only last year around April lol

2 minutes ago, ippy said:

Cheese & onion or salt & vinegar?  :smile:

2 hours ago, Ryan_Tango said:

Back when I had a Fiesta I got annoyed with a plastic bag being crunched kind of noise, got so annoyed by it I had most of the interior in pieces never found out what it was, then one day while cleaning out my glove box behold a packet of crisps behind the glove box compartment not even opened and dated with a best before September 10 this was only last year around April lol

Ha it was a green packet so I think Salt & Vinegar xD

Yeah that explains it no 1 likes salt & vinegar  :yucky:

I do.

My favourite.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Not long after I got the Focus, I was driving down the (then) girlfriends when the car started with a really loud metallic rattle.

Pulled over, revved the engine, killed the engine, restarted it - no noise.

Started driving off and after a few minutes, it started again! I grabbed my metal travel mug and took a slurp of coffee.  I realised that the noise stopped...you can see where this is going...put the mug back - rattle...take it out - no rattle!!  I felt equally relieved and stupid.  Pulled over again and wrapped some zinc oxide tape around the mug where it sat in the cup holder.  It's still there now almost 3 and half years later :biggrin:

(To be fair, I haven't used that mug for a long while - I now have a Contigo mug - awesome bit of kit!!)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club