Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any way to turn on footwell lights while engine is running?

djsubtronic

I assume you mean other than when you open the door?

anything is possible with electrics, but there is no simple option short of connecting up a new circuit to run it off and adding a wee switch someplace

.2 relays?  what if you fit an spst relay with the feed from the foot lights powering it and a fused live  from the switched side to power an ignition controlled live to an spdt relay with the feed from  the original footlights to the n/c side - earth it with a switch to operate the relay and power the foot lights only when engine is running  they will still work with ignition off but won't  dim as normal  ..but that way there will no feed back to the courtesy light ..it might work

Ahh thanks for the replies guys, I thought it might involve circuitry. I was just wondering if there was a simple hack already present, but I guess not. No worries then, will just leave it as it is.

Footwell lighting will have two wires. Chop them. run those wires to the interior bulb holder.

Anytime the interior light is on for whatever reason, wether you switch them on or door opens

Or have I misunderstood what you want to do?

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

i think your easiest option would to be to install a second set of foot well lights next to the original ones but working independently from a switched ignition controlled live .it's the theater dimming that's going to be the problem on the original setup

not sure id run them off the headlight switch but you could easily setup a relay from it with a separate fused circuit, however you wanted to do it tho would be pretty straight forward.

the thing with light mods tho is that you need to be careful you don't overdo it,  was going to get all smart and installed a thermostatically controlled switch controlling a red/blue LED within the airvents, warm air - glows a subtle red, cold - blue!

but after a quick google, I found someone on here thinking of the same thing and the black vents would need modding because they don't reflect light :/ and, it might have been a little over the top :D

Lol good question. I fitted some red LEDs to give the car a bit of an "ambient lighting" feel and to match the dash lighting, so I was wondering if I could keep them on while cruising along at night. But I'm not really that bothered, I know after a few days the novelty will wear off and the red light on my shoes is just gonna get annoying.

id connect to illumination, which is the same as conncting to the headlight switch, just not sure id want to add an external circuit directly to the headlight switch, its probably nothing but I was concerned that should something go wrong, preventing me from changing the headlight settings would be a royal pain in the bum