Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TDCi starting issues

Vendee

My 2.0 TDCi, 154k miles has starting issues. Hot or cold, it won't start first time unless I give it a large boot full of throttle. Even though the glowplugs have done about 120k miles, I don't think its them and the problem is there even when the engine is restarted momentarily after stopping on a 50 mile run. If I don't give it throttle, it does tend to start second time on its own. Once running, its as good as its always been with no running issues.

Obviously the large throttle input is helping but I dont know if its a fueling or fuel rail pressure issue. Any ideas?

change the fuel filter/glow plugs then I would see if there are any fault codes if it is the fuel rail you could be looking at loads ££££££

Fuel filter was changed 4k ago at 150k service. The glow plugs may be past their best but the problem is there with a hot engine which really rules them out. No codes shown on my scanner.

Inlet and outlet to fuel filter are the correct way round?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club