Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth

Jellybean101

Hi all 

Just a quick one, I've bought a ford ficus 2011 and I'm wondering if has bluetooth or not, it has two phone icons on the unit (radio) but I've gone threw all the menus and advance menu but can't find anything to do with bluetooth, I've read threw the manual but it'd hard to determine which model has what 

A Focus 2011 can be a late Focus MK2.5 or an early Focus MK3. I assume you have a Focus MK2.5 because you mention the Phone buttons (red/green?).

The optional bluetooth system is always combined with Voicecontrol. On the Focus MK2.5 Bluetooth/Voicecontrol can easily be recognized by the "VOICE" button on top of the radio remote stalk. If the radio remote stalk does not have a "VOICE" button the car does not have bluetooth.

To retrofit the original Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system you need the following parts:

* Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module with part number 8M5T-19G488-Ax (the x can be any letter).

* Mounting hardware for the module.

* Radio remote stalk with VOICE button.

* Large model interior light frame with mounting space for the microphone (if not already installed).

* Microphone.

* Wiring. On vehicles which have the system factory fitted the wiring is fully integrated into the interior wiring loom. For retrofit purposes Ford offers an (expensive) accessoire wiring loom.

You can also retrofit the more advanced Ford Sound & Connect system. This system consists of Bluetooth/Voicecontrol with USB, bluetooth Audio and Ipod support. This system has a different type of Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module (8M5T-19C112-Ax (the x can be any letter), USB wiring and a USB connection panel inside the armrest.

Parts of both the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system and the Sound & Connect system are very popular. New parts from Ford are very expensive. Used parts are also pretty expensive because its popularity. Next to this this system is no longer supported by Ford. The latest available update was released in 2012.

Another option is to install an aftermarket bluetooth system like for example a Parrot MKI 9200. This will most likely be cheaper than the original Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system.