Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clutch gone and in limp mode! Help please

hyasar90

Was poodling along at 30mph cruising and all of a sudden I herd a noise like something broke she started stalling as i pull over... I then switched off the engine, and tried to turn the engine over and then realised she's was running in limp mode...???

Is this normal? I'm guessing slave cylinder is gone because I noticed clutch fluid leaking from the gearbox.

I ain't a expert on cars but ain't stupid I'm willing to change the clutch myself have already prepared the car for clutch removal

I just want to know why is it in limp mode? Does is this normal when clutch fails??

Please, any advice would be very nice I suspect the inlet manifold is leaking could this be the reason?...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Sure its in limp mode and not just the clutch slipping due to contamination?

Mk 6 zetec s 1.6 petrol

Sure its in limp mode and not just the clutch slipping due to contamination?

I don't know that's why I'm asking lol. I'm more used to old cars less headache..

When I turn her over the revs bounce up and down no gas pedal at all...

Plus clutch has no resistance probably leaking clutch fluid through slave cylinder

The clutch never slipped always was gripping every gear

Yeah I think the leaking fluid has got on the clutch which would cause it to slip.

I wonder if it has got onto the crank sensor as well?  Its not normal to get engine problems when the clutch cylinder fails so I reckon something else is wrong.  Do you have access to any fault code reading tools?

Not at the moment I would have to bring it to a garage to for diagnosis...

The inlet was always leaking since I purchased the fiesta... I brought her for 100 pound I removed the inlet today and found a pipe with a huge hole inside it...

Explains why the tps could never adjust to correct rev. She never used to idles correctly she always idled high And I used to get eac error on dashboard after long journeys

Yeah I think the leaking fluid has got on the clutch which would cause it to slip.

I wonder if it has got onto the crank sensor as well?  Its not normal to get engine problems when the clutch cylinder fails so I reckon something else is wrong.  Do you have access to any fault code reading tools?

It isnt slipping though I have no resistance in the clutch meaning the pedal goes all the way down it doesn't engage with the gears

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club