Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ZS Black E/B 140 Real World Economy

JBeale96

Hi All,

My first post on the forum so be nice haha. I'm currently driving a Renault Kadjar 1.5 diesel but I now don't do as many miles (still 2000 a month though haha) and don't really need all the features its got and I was considering a Black Edition ZS 140. Even with the negative equity in my car I'm pretty confident that if I pick one up for around the 11-12k mark (which is pretty much where all the used ones are) I'll be paying less on a PCP deal (currently paying ~£300pm for 4 yrs).

The only thing I was wondering was about real world economy. I know this has probably been asked hundreds of times so call me lazy for not searching. My commute consists of about 15 miles of NSL A road where you can easily sit at 60 (i.e. not very twisty), then 45 miles of motorway then maybe another 5-10 miles of pretty free flowing, 40mph city stuff. Usually only the last mile or so is backed up but even that moves pretty quick.

Is there anyone with a similar commute to mine that can give me a rough average? Currently getting 53mpg in the Kadjar (which isn't as great as I was expecting), and if 45mpg is easily achievable in the Fiesta then I think it may be done...insurance is £600 cheaper too!

I appreciate any input you guys have on this one.

I think on average real world they get around 45-50mpg, especially for the type of driving that you're talking about. The Ecoboosts are great little engines. I think its only a 5 speed though which I consider a little downside. 

3 minutes ago, TehJazzi said:

I think on average real world they get around 45-50mpg, especially for the type of driving that you're talking about. The Ecoboosts are great little engines. I think its only a 5 speed though which I consider a little downside. 

Hi, thanks for the quick reply!

The gearbox is a downside for my type of driving, but I guess the majority of Fiesta customers don't do long motorway commutes, so it would bump up the price to cater for a small percentage of the buyers etc. etc.

But 45-50 would be perfect, I put 45 into a little fuel price calculator thingy and it looks like that would make it an extra £20 a month or so on fuel, which when you're already spending £200 isn't really that much of a difference..and I'd make up for it in monthly payment savings probably, and more to the point I'd have a damn good time doing it.

Only difficulty now is finding one with cruise and climate control, not too fussed about the other options (especially nav as I use Waze anyway). Could do without climate control too if it came to it, but I don't think I could do without cruise.

I asked a similar question not too long ago, so worth a read on others replies:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/80293-1l-ecoboost-125140ps-real-world-mpg/

My dad is now getting about 50 MPG from his Fiesta, so is well impressed :)

I'd say 45+ is achievable on your journey no problem.

14 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

I asked a similar question not too long ago, so worth a read on others replies:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/80293-1l-ecoboost-125140ps-real-world-mpg/

My dad is now getting about 50 MPG from his Fiesta, so is well impressed :)

I'd say 45+ is achievable on your journey no problem.

I'm starting to like this forum already...might buy a car just for that reason :biggrin:

But in all seriousness, its looking pretty doable, a trip to Ford may be on the cards this weekend, the dealer near me has several Black Editions

• Like 1

I have this car and do probably a similar trip to yourself and my computer says I average 55 mpg.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jonny_sniper93 said:

I have this car and do probably a similar trip to yourself and my computer says I average 55 mpg.

Well then in that case, I'm sold! :yahoo:

• Like 1

I get 38 - 41 on my commute and general driving and get abut 55 on motorways/ A roads

Very similar commute with the red edition. Driving it gently (at 60 on the motorway like you said) and careful to not accelerate too quickly, I regularly achieve 53mpg on a 27 mile run on 40mph B roads and motorway. 

Really is a great little car for commuting - very comfortable but fun when you want it to be!

• Like 1

my 125ps Fiesta gets 50+ mpg on motorway @ 70 mph and slightly less around town. Average 50mpg. But for first 7,000 miles it was a bit lower. But if you mash your right foot it will drop a lot.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club