Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hidden dash ports

CsaWalsh

Hi guys, long time lurker first time poster here :smile:. I was rerouting my Aux port from the glove box to one of the removable plastic square peices eitherside of the windscreen demister buttons in the centre dashboard for easier access. When I removed the left plastic peice, there was a port just clipped to the back of the peice. I am baffled to what It could be used for an wondered if any of you guys could give some insight. Perhaps It could power a USB port?

I have a 2008 1.6 Focus Zetec (Facelifted)

Thanks!!

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

It's part of the loom for a passenger airbag deactivation switch.

Switch goes in the punch-out hole on the glovebox liner and the warning light goes in the switch panel.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

It's part of the loom for a passenger airbag deactivation switch.

Switch goes in the punch-out hole on the glovebox liner and the warning light goes in the switch panel.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Ahhhh thanks so much mate, that's been bugging me for so long :laugh: although I was hoping for something abit more interesting or usable :laugh:

• 1 month later...

Hey CsaWalsh,

I'm looking to do the same possibly to my Focus Style, any tips, mistakes or issues to watch out for?? Is it the same AUX socket from the glovebox and did it fit straight in, or was it a bit of a bodge job??

At the moment I've got a right angled 3.5mm 3 meter cable that runs from the port through the glovebox trim, then through the center console trim and out the back to where my Ipod sits in the small storage at the back of the center trim.

It works and the cable is tucked away, but just wandering if this was an awkward job to do??

You could install a proper made to fit port-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272258829582

If you look at my guides list (under signature when viewed on a pc) there is one for fitting the port and also turning the usb into a power port for satnavs and phones.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• 5 months later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club