Do Not Sell My Personal Information

EGR Valve

rjays

Hi All...I had a diagnostic report carried out and it revealed code P0404 "EGR Circuit range/performance problem"...I presume this means my EGR Valve is knackered !..As you all know, if i take it to a ford dealer it will cost the best part of £350!..I have removed the Valve (it was really sooted up) and cleaned it thouroughly and connected it back up....but the code is still there...Can someone advise me if i obtain a new one and fit it myself, 1. Do i need to go back to Ford and have it collaberated? ( god knows what they charge for that ) as ive heard on the grapevine that replacing the original one is ok, but a new one needs re programming 2. can any garage collaberate it? or 3. does the vehicle pick up the new EGR Valve and "re-set" itself... Many thanks Rob.

if the light is still on you just need someone with diagnostic equipment to reset the fault code. if you have cleaned the egr and it can work properly again the fault code light will stay off once it has been reset.

i cant see why a new egr will need any programming of such done, it just opens and closes depending on how much exhaust gas the ecu wants to recycle.

did you manage to clean any of the pipe work etc that the egr fits onto?

Cheers for the response stef...To be honest i did'nt clean the adjoining pipes..just the EGR Valve ( you got me thinking now)....maybe thats not a bad idea..i will take another look as it needs to come off again anyway..and now i know how to access the valve it will only take 45mins!!! instead of 5hrs !! However i still feel a "NEW" one needs programming unless anyone else can advise otherwise

Despite not knowing quite why I believe there is some reprogramming required of a new EGR valve and that is a Fraud dealer job

Hi Rich...What are you trying to say?....your'e not insinuating that theres dodgy goings on in the motor trade spares/repairs departments are you ;) i can't beleive that !!

As if I would

Having worked many years ago in close proximity to a very posh RANGE production line in Solihull the spare parts market was a very lucrative cash cow

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club