Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


Unusual Fiesta on eBay


liampatrick
 Share

Recommended Posts

I've just come across this Fiesta on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2009-FORD-FIESTA-GHIA-1-4L-AUTOMATIC-ONLY-33-471-MILES-FULL-SERVICE-HISTORY-/222114932283?hash=item33b714e63b:g:iooAAOSwubRXMx2L

Very very late Mk6.5 on a 59 plate, but unusually with orange side repeaters, and pre-facelift side door trims and alloys! Also, it's a Ghia without auto headlights/wipers?

Anyone a clue?

Link to comment
Share on other sites


8 hours ago, liampatrick said:

I've just come across this Fiesta on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2009-FORD-FIESTA-GHIA-1-4L-AUTOMATIC-ONLY-33-471-MILES-FULL-SERVICE-HISTORY-/222114932283?hash=item33b714e63b:g:iooAAOSwubRXMx2L

Very very late Mk6.5 on a 59 plate, but unusually with orange side repeaters, and pre-facelift side door trims and alloys! Also, it's a Ghia without auto headlights/wipers?

Anyone a clue?

Somebody changed the side lenses for Amber ones & also changed the wheels because they preferred those ones or one of their mates wanted the facelift items for their pre facelift fiesta!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Probably stolen with fake plates, ETIS doesn't know it... 'We are sorry, but no information could be found for the VIN/Registration number you entered - FJ59NNW'

Or alternatively, it's a 1.4 auto...no-one bought it so it sat at the back of a showroom/lockup for years before being registered lol.

Auto wipers and lights must've been optional, even on the higher spec models, my '08 ST doesn't have them, kept wondering why I couldn't see in the dark or rain now I'm used to the Focus TitX. :sad:  :laugh: 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Might be an import too. Channel island car, ireland, etc.

They have different configs to UK sometimes.

Etis only recognises the reg is was first registered with.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Yeah I'm guessing it must be either a model that sat for ages in the showroom before being sold, or it's not originally from the UK. I believe the facelifted Ghia had auto wipers/lights from launch in 2005, so that's a bit weird. It also seems to have the Reflex pack, but no ESC (which I thought you could only get together as an option on the Ghia). I think all-in-all it's a bit of a parts-bin odd-ball? Either that or it's got a very strange history, which hasn't been fully-disclosed within the advertisement!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sons Ghia 2007 has auto lights but NOT auto wipers so not all Ghia's had the option as standard

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I should add that as its a "late" model they may have chucked on whatever parts they had left and badged it as a Ghia. I once had a cavalier with uprated disks and other bits as it was the last year of that model so they just used parts they had.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah it definitely hasn't got leather! Leather was standard on all Ghia models, however there was an option for fabric trim ilo leather so I guess that explains that. The orange side indicators were only on Studio/Style models, and those alloy wheels were standard on Zetec models. I guess it could just be a parts-bin hash-up, but I really really don't understand why it has the pre-facelift bodyside mouldings. I have all of the Fiesta brochures from 2004 onwards (because I was a freak as a teenager) so I (thought I) know the specs inside out haha.

3 hours ago, Russ said:

Sons Ghia 2007 has auto lights but NOT auto wipers so not all Ghia's had the option as standard

You should get your son to check, as he may have a surprise waiting! The autowipers/lights only ever came together as a feature (standard on Ghia, optional on other models, and available as part of the 'Technology Pack' from the first quarter of 2007), if you push the washer stalk up one notch then they're activated - took me a while to work out how to turn them on! 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just asked him as he got in from work and said he has got the auto wipers, my mistake on that one.....doh!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Auto wipers and lights must've been optional, even on the higher spec models, my '08 ST doesn't have them, kept wondering why I couldn't see in the dark or rain now I'm used to the Focus TitX. :sad:  :laugh: 

Yep, just standard on Ghia! And then the final Zetec Blue models to try and get rid of them before the Mk7 was launched haha 

31 minutes ago, Russ said:

Just asked him as he got in from work and said he has got the auto wipers, my mistake on that one.....doh!

Haha easy mistake to make, I wasn't sure how to make it work until I fiddled around with the stalk a bit and chucked a cup of water on the windscreen!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Willy said:

I've forgotten where the heated front / rear screen buttons are?

It's got those, just right of the hazard light switch.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, liampatrick said:

Yep, just standard on Ghia! And then the final Zetec Blue models to try and get rid of them before the Mk7 was launched haha 

Ah really?  I never understand why sports models sometimes come with less spec than the comfort models...  I cant be the only one that wants sporty looks and handling AND a tonne of spec inside!  Same with the Focus, if I could've had a Titanium X Zetec S I would've done lol.

Most annoying with the Mk6 ST is the fact cruise control can't be retro-fitted...yet the cruise symbol on the dash taunts me constantly lol! :sad::laugh: 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


13 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Ah really?  I never understand why sports models sometimes come with less spec than the comfort models...  I cant be the only one that wants sporty looks and handling AND a tonne of spec inside! 

Simply buy a MK4.5 Mondeo TXS Tom, - job done :smile:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...

Forums


News


Membership