Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lambda Sensor Removal Problem

mytrackrecord

Hi :rolleyes: 

I've got a 2009 Fiesta 1.25 and it's got an issue with the lambda sensor on top of the engine. I think bank 1? Anyway, I've got the part and I bought a sensor removal socket but I can't use it as the sensor seems to have a metal collar around it, almost like a Heat guard which means that I can't access the sensor with the tool. Very frustrating! Has anyone else had this issue? and how do I get around it?

Thanks in advance

sounds like your fiesta has the later design heat shields that a normal sensor socket wont fit, ford use a special tool for removal. but more importantly how have you come to the conclusion its the upstream sensor is at fault( bank 1 can be either sensor)

1 hour ago, iantt said:

sounds like your fiesta has the later design heat shields that a normal sensor socket wont fit, ford use a special tool for removal. but more importantly how have you come to the conclusion its the upstream sensor is at fault( bank 1 can be either sensor)

ah right I see. am I able to buy this tool at all or will I need to take it to Ford?

I was advised that it was the upstream as the code said bank 2 sensor 1. Am I right in thinking this?

cant be bank 2 unless its a v6,v8 etc. lol

so it should have been bank1 sensor 1 to be the upstream, bank1 sensor 2 is downstream. , dont know about buying a tool to do the job .

what dtc did your code reader show?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iantt said:

cant be bank 2 unless its a v6,v8 etc. lol

so it should have been bank1 sensor 1 to be the upstream, bank1 sensor 2 is downstream. , dont know about buying a tool to do the job .

what dtc did your code reader show?

ahh yeah makes sense. the code showed P0150 and all I could find online was something saying that was bank 2 but obviously isn't. really begrudge taking the car to Ford and paying through the nose when I know it would be a two minute job

you sure it was p0150 and not p0130? had a look on eBay but I couldn't identify which sensor tool you need, can you photo the area so we can see what is needed?

10 hours ago, iantt said:

you sure it was p0150 and not p0130? had a look on ebay but I couldn't identify which sensor tool you need, can you photo the area so we can see what is needed?

here's the issue. the cuff around the sensor makes it impossible to fit any tool around it to remove. very frustrating

image.jpeg

Yours is a early normal one, a thin walled sensor socket is what you need, sounds like yours is too thick .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iantt said:

Yours is a early normal one, a thin walled sensor socket is what you need, sounds like yours is too thick .

ah I see, annoyingly I can't find any online to buy. at least not from the UK 

Just now, mytrackrecord said:

ah I see, annoyingly I can't find any online to buy. at least not from the UK 

Anyone you know got a bench grinder? could always make a thin walled socket if needs must  

• Like 2

External diameter needs to be around 28mm.

• Like 1

I bought one of these tools to do the girlfriends car. Should have been £14 but got 15% off.

Click & collect so had it within the hour

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

Also, doesn't that collar come off with the Heat shield? The guide I followed on ETIS said to remove the heatshield (which I didn't end up doing)

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 1

don't need to on that age, as long as you have a thin walled socket, I checked earlier and 28mm is the diameter for definite,

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GingerFlame said:

I bought one of these tools to do the girlfriends car. Should have been £14 but got 15% off.

Click & collect so had it within the hour

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

"these tools", give us a photo or link?

Just searched Halfords for lambda sensor socket :)

I'll post a link later on if I remember

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club