Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus st mk2 59 plate problem

DanST93

Hi guys, so I've only had my st a week today! Done around 300 miles in it since purchasing and the engine management light has come on while I was doing 50mph on the motorway, there doesn't seem to be any change in performance (not that I'm driving it stupid now) I've checked the oil and all seems fine. It is due a service, does the light come on at so many miles or is this a genuine problem? 

Cheers, Dan. 

Snapchat-4632942677598945828.jpg

If you have an OBD2 scanner you can plug it in see if any error codes pop up but if its due a service best off just taking it in anyway as they will check it out :)

• Like 1

Thanks for that, I'll probably get one anyway, is there any you recommend or are the £30 ones on eBay good enough? 

Brill! I've just ordered one, thanks very much!! 

No problem :) hopefully its nothing and just ready for a service :)

Do you have idea about the car's history any mods? I have a 200 cell sports cat fitted to mine and my EML light pops up every 300-400 miles also heard people getting them with dump valves on the st. Light comes on and runs perfectly fine. 

It's had a remap and is apparently running at 280bhp but I'm not aware of any upgrades to suit the remap, I've booked it in for a full service but theye can't do it untill 1st August so I will attempt to sort the issue before that. 

If I haven't started the car for over 2-3 hours it doesn't have much power until it's warm, like it wont go above 45mph? it shows the oil pressure at 5bar and the temperature really low until around 10 minutes driving then the dials sort themself out, is this normal?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club