Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Electronic problems

treblebob

Hi

Help anyone please. 

The offside indicators front and rear have stopped working on my 59 plate mondeo.

The one on the side works.

Also... now the offside rear passenger door has stopped locking and unlocking with remote central locking. 

Are there any resets on either of these issues?

The indicators stopped about a month ago for a few days then seemed to fix themselves ok...but have now done the same thing but show no signs of fixing themselves? 

Help appreciated

Thanks 

both of your concerns sound like an issue with your cjb(fusebox ) located under passenger footwell, drop it down and check connectors are clipped in firmly

Hi.

Thanks for that. Strange thing...everything working ok so far this morning.

Checked fuses and and clips as you said and all appears ok.

Will see what today brings

Ok...indicators worked for a while then packed up again this afternoon. 

Tonight indicators started again ok but the door still not working on central locking ..so I'm assuming the two issues not linked ?

15 hours ago, treblebob said:

Tonight indicators started again ok but the door still not working on central locking ..so I'm assuming the two issues not linked ?

Sounds like a wiring or connector problem.

On a 7 year old car, it is quite common for damp to have got in to some of the connectors, and cause corrosion. There may well be one or more connectors that carry both of the dodgy circuits. The most likely area is, like Ian said, in and around the passenger fuse box. Various wiring harnesses from the engine area, dash and floor pan, all join here.

On the Focus there are some big connectors in the passenger footwell area, just in front of the door. Being low down they can get wet. Mondeo may well have some lurking around there somewhere.

I would start looking for these, and disconnect, examine & reconnect each one. (Make sure you know the radio code, if it has one, some of these will power everything down like removing the battery does.)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club