Do Not Sell My Personal Information

C Max auto/CVT?

Big Bob

Hi, I'm thinking of upgrading my Focus estate auto to a second hand C Max auto, probably next year sometime.

My question is about the CVT, was the C-Max ever fitted with a conventional auto or are they all CVT, and are there any reliability / drivability issues either way?

We have a Focus with a conventional auto & a Fusion with durashift. We both prefer the Focus to drive but the Fusion is more economical, any feed back on the C-Max would be welcome.

Thanks

there some VERY SERIOUS reliability / drivability issues with the CVT box especially with the diesel engines. I'm not certain that these have ever been fully cured as Fraud seem very unconcerned.

The main financial consideration is that should anything go wrong with the box then it is normaly a FULL SWAP rather than repair and that is £ FOUR GRAND

Hey Bob....Read all my other posts regarding a cvt diesel

:o

Thanks for the replies, you're not very impressed are you. :blink:

I may have to start looking elsewhere then.

Hey Bigbob..thats the best idea you will have this year!!!....my regret was not finding this forum BEFORE i bought mine