Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ordered.............At last!

Jim610

Hi everybody.

Although I have owned Fords for 12 years I have only recently found this forum so thought I would join in.

My current Ford, 2013 Mondeo Estate, is no longer the best choice as I now require a vehicle to support my hobbies of fishing, etc, more than slogging along the motorways and although I have taken the Mondeo places it has no right getting to, without getting stuck, I have been lucky, so far!

I often said that "if only there was an off-road Mondeo" I would bye it.  

I decided I needed something to get me down farm tracks and muddy fields and I have looked at lots, Freelander 2, Disco Sport, X-Trail, Scooby Forester and Outlander, XC60, Sportage and the Edge.  These were selected due to being able to get my stuff in the boot, not all boots are created equal!

Finally after months of test driving and reading reviews and looking at forums I went back to my original thoughts of "off-road Mondeo".  Now the Mondeo 4x4 just wasn't going to cut it as there was no more ground clearance.  The Kuga boot was way too small.  The Edge seemed to fit the bill. I don't need the serious mud plugging ability of a Land Rover Defender but something that doesn't scrape it's belly on farm tracks would suffice.

After a bit more procrastination I took the plunge and ordered a new Edge yesterday.  Titanium in Jeans Blue with tow bar, Sony DAB radio and Adaptive Cruise Control. I didn't go for Lux pack as, although I would love the leather seats, I won't have another car with a sun roof.  You only need one of them to leak to put you of them for life due to the damage done before you discover the problem.  

The dealer also confirmed that they are now being built with Sync 3 fitted, so even better.  His conservative delivery estimate is Feb 17.

Now it's the agonising wait but I'm sure as with everything after a certain age, the time will fly.

Cheers for now.

Jim

• Like 1

Congrats!! Hopefully the time will fly by :w00t:

You going for an extended warranty or 3 year service plan too?

16 minutes ago, Dal. said:

Congrats!! Hopefully the time will fly by :w00t:

You going for an extended warranty or 3 year service plan too?

Yes to the 3 year service plan and Gap insurance.

• Like 1

You didn't go for the Ford Gap insurance did you? It's quite expensive compared to the same (or better) cover elsewhere.

If you didn't go through Ford, try ALA Insurance and use Piston12 for a 12% discount. :ph34r:

https://www.pistonheadsgap.co.uk/

Mmmh.  I'll look into that. Thanks.

Dal

I see what you mean, good job no money has swapped hands and it could have been cancelled anyway.  One question.  What qualifies me to use the Piston12 discount?

Jim

If anyone asks, it's a discount from the Pistonheads Forum. I'm on there and an active member, but it's free to join and use and you don't need to prove / produce anything to get the discount.

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1488230

• Like 1

Yeh, I had a sun roof on a previous car and by the time I discovered it the whole roof lining was sodden and some of the electrical bits in the roof had corroded. Only noticed it once it started to smell a bit musty inside.  It doesn't take a lot of water to start the rot!  Never again!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club