Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Splitter help and advice

saruhh_250

Has anybody on here had any luck attaching a splitter with just 3M double sided tape? I want to get a splitter for my red edition but it's a lease so I'm wary of drilling holes in the bumper for when it comes time to handing the car back as stock. I'm worried that 3M tape isn't quite enough to keep the splitter secure during high speeds/strong winds and the last thing I want is it flying off! I could be cheeky and try handing the car back with holes in the bumper, depends how throughly they check the car over on return I guess. Another option is just filling the holes in with some body filler, but that's something I've got no experience in and can't imagine it being very easy.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 
  • Like 1

Hi there

drilling holes would be best option, and I wouldn't worry bout filling in the holes as they won't be that big anyway.

not much work involved filling in, as for the tape it will work but only for a short period of time once gets wet with rain splashing up against front etc will start to loosen up

As above, tape won't hold it when you're driving. 

Just drill some holes, when you remove it put some rivets in the holes but I doubt they would check anyway.

Thanks for the replies, I think screws are going to be the safest bet and I'll just deal with the holes when I have to give the car back. Rivets are a good idea didn't think of that, thanks! 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club