Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2006 FORD FOCUS 1.8TDCI STARTING ISSUE

steve2016

Hi guys,

i'm wondering if anyone can help me. i bought a 2006 1.8tdci focus. on test drive and inspection all seemed well and fine.

i then parked it in my parking space for 3 days while i got it taxed and insured etc.then once all sorted i took it out for a spin for 30 mins and parked back up, the following day i got in the car it started fine, as i turned full lock to the left reversing out the space all electrics such as lights/radio etc dimmed when turned straight it was fine.

2 minutes later "engine fault" appeared on the milleage display, so i turned off the ignition and tried to restart it and there was a clicking noise from under the passenger side dashboard, then when i tried to turn the car over there was nothing to start with, then it tried turning over then clicked, i prosume the battery went flat because i had no ignition lights, my central locking wouldnt work.

so today i went and got a set of jump leads to connect to another car and then all power to the lights etc resumed but im still just getting a few clicks when i turn the key?

i'm in a bit of a dillemma and i will answer any other questions if there are people that have had the same issues or know of them.

kind regards

Steve

Hi Steve how long you had it for?was it private sale or trader? 

You will lose central locking with remote due to battery low but should be ok to use key.

sounds like an electrical issue mate

are you aware of any history on the be vehicle

only had it a week and it was a private seller, quite abit of service history and mostly ford service history, ive got home start with  RAC so ill call them tomorrow and try and see what they say.

regards

steve

• Like 1

8 hours ago, steve2016 said:

got a set of jump leads to connect to another car and then all power to the lights etc resumed but im still just getting a few clicks when i turn the key?

If the battery has died completely, it is possible that jump leads will not start the car. Usually, the leads part charge the battery, then the combined efforts of leads & your battery give enough current to turn it over. It would take very good leads indeed to start a car unaided.

Batteries can go dead in an instant, it is not usual, but I had it happen once.

just an update guys,had the RAC come out today and he said the battery was totally f*cked, took him his leads from the van also connected to his boost start to turn it over, unfortunetely still did'nt start, soon as he removed leads no power again, his test revieled the battery was *****.

he also  noticed that the + battery terminal was loose and f*cked, i opted to get it towed to the garage and had a call saying they are going to fit a battery and new + terminal which will be £ 185.00.... so i said go for it..... Hopefully this fixes the problem, i will find out tommorow...... WATCH THIS SPACE

if not i will have a non-runner focus 1.8tdci 2006 plate for sale thats got 4 new tyres on it, brand new battery and 11 months MOT if anyone is ionterested..

Regards

Steve

update..... all up and running £185.00 later... new battery and + (positive terminal) fitted and runs like a dream.... the mechanic recons that the connection on the battery was causing sh*t loads of problems....

Cheers for the advice guys

:)

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club