Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All the oil leaked out ? (Burst) 馃槓

聽Share

So, my car is prone to making strange noises.

However it is a 2005 so getting old now.

yesterday, I parked up at home and all the oil leaked out in one go. It was more like a burst. So now I have checked with the dip stick and there is just a tiny register of oil. So it's definitely the engine oil.

Yesterday when I turned my car on it made a noise like a water swish however I didn't know what to make of it so continued on.

Is this going to be expensive? What could this be?聽

Sounds like the coolant fell out聽and聽you were coincidentally聽low on oil as well.聽

Have you checked the coolant level since?聽 Gurgling/sloshing water on start-up indicates an air lock in the cooling system.

• Like 2

I've checked coolant however it does look low, lower than before.聽

The oil oil has gone on the floor, I'm not sure the car could have used what was half way between the two lines on the dip stick to now just registering at the bottom of the dip stick. In 2/3 weeks.

i am baffled by it all, I've tried sending my phone under the car on a selfie stick to take some photos however haven't come up with anything.

ill have to get the AA out to jack it up and take a guess at costing the problem.

my friend said, she doubts it's my oil on the floor considering how old my oil probably is.

oil doesn't really just fall out in 'bursts'. 聽Minor leaks yes but not big dumps.

I really would like to help but we just don't have enough info to go on, especially without pictures.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/12/2016 at 0:58 PM, TomsFocus said:

Oil doesn't really just fall out in 'bursts'. 聽Minor leaks yes but not big dumps.

A cracked or holed sump does, but that would be moments after hitting it, rather then parked up overnight.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club