Sign in to follow this  
fezzer2002

mk5 fiesta Cobra remote central locking install

Hi, Can any one help i have a mk5 fiesta zetec s and I brought a cobra remote central locking kit. The wiring has me confused I need to know what colour wires under the dash to connect into. I need to know the colours for 

+30 positive source

+15 positive 

both side of the indicators

the positive for the central locking

and the negative for the central locking.

also if you could tell me if the standard central locking is a negative control or positive control  please.

The model number for the after market is cobra a1046.

Thanks in advance.

Off hand i cant quite remember the wire colours, i don't have the car anymore with the retrofitted central locking. I'll have a look tonight because i'm sure i still have some notes though of which each was. I think the 30A 12V source was fuse 42 or 42 (larger red wire) the indicators were traced from the stalks (i fitted my unit behind the carpet on the drivers side footwell. pretty much every wire you'll require is behind the carpet. I'll see if i have any old photos too for wire colours

From my post last year;

RED = + 12 VOLTS SUPPLY
BLACK = GROUND
ORANGE IGNITION SENSE NOT NORMALLY CONNECTED
RED/BLACK = LOCKING POLARITY
RED/YELLOW = LOCKING POLARITY
GREY/RED = LOCK PULSE
BLUE/RED = UNLOCK PULSE
BLUE/YELLOW NOT USED
GREY/YELLOW NOT USED
BLACK/WHITE = RIGHT INDICATOR
BLACK/GREEN = LEFT INDICATOR
BROWN/WHITE = TIMED TOTAL CLOSE O/P

(This is for the Toad RK30 Module)

WIRING DIAGRAMS

https://www.scribd.com/doc/8204594/Ford-Fiesta-1995-2001-Zetec-Wiring-Diagram-Petrol-and-Diesel

I originally used a website called fiestaguides.co.uk but it doesn't appear to exist anymore, tried looking it up with the Wayback Machine but the page was never archived.

I installed mine under the floor on the drivers side of the car as all required wires are easy to tap into by removing the door card and dropping the internal fusebox. The locking polarity wires are for if the car uses negative or positive pulse locking. If i remember right both are connected to positive in the 2001 Fiesta. Make sure the 12v feed is not switched as when the ignition is off it will cut the power to the module, locking you out. There is a fuse you can use for the permanent 12v Supply, fuse 44 comes to mind but don't quote me on this! I would recommend connecting the Orange ignition sense (Fuse 18) even though it says not normally connected as this is for programming the fobs. LH indicator wire is Blue/Black RH Indicator is Blue/Yellow, some guides say wire up to hazard switch, do not do this as when you indicate it will act the same as the hazards. There are 3 wires on the drivers door lock, the orange is the supply, i cannot remember which is lock and unlock but you could always test with a window open to ensure you are not locked out before permanently connecting them.

RIGHT! To simplify;

Locking is Positive pulse for lock and unlock

FROM FUSEBOX

30A positive source is red wire into F44 (will be a 20A fuse if it's there)

Your unit should have an inline fuse anyway, if not connect to output side of fuse (both wires are red so pull the fuse and use a multimeter to find out which side is still live, if the units fused, connect it to the live side, if not connect to the other side)

15A Positive is F8 (Orange/Blue wire)

FROM BACK OF INDICATOR STALKS

Indicator wires are Bu/Bk for Left, Bu/Ye for right

FROM DOOR LOOM (intecept it as it comes out of the door grommet into the car)

Motor lock and unlock is Ye/Bu and Wh/Gn

Can't remember which way round, what to do is connect one to the positive lock wire and one to the positive unlock wire on the module, close your doors and use the fob, (leave the boot open just incase haha) if it locks when you press lock happy days, if not reverse the wires. if you have negative lock and unlock wires on your module you can cut them off or if your manual says ground them, there is a ground lug in the same area the wires come into the car