Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta starting problem

ash79

Hello i have a problem starting my fista 1.4 tdci, it turns over 2 or 3 times then stops i have to repeat this a number of times to start it in the morning. Any ideas??? Many thanks Ashley. Sorry i should have put in a few more details its a 53 plate with 69 000 miles. It also has a surge or sudden pull at around 2000 rpm this does not happen all the time usually when im gently excellerating, i have checked for fault codes and none are present, i was going to take the egr valve off tomorrow and clean it as i have read they can cause this problem. Thanks again Ashley

check injector seals mine had exact same problems cause 2 injector seals had gone and it's never missed a beat since.

highly likely :)

highly likely :)

mirror image of what was wrong with mine, use to sit there for ages tryin to get it started. took about 10 trys before it would fire up sometimes i gave up and just nicked my dads x-trail :o :P

as for surges again new seals would clear that up, mine hung back and all power would come in one go beofre repairs and now (even with 138,000 on the clock :o ) it feels like a new car.

mirror image of what was wrong with mine, use to sit there for ages tryin to get it started. took about 10 trys before it would fire up sometimes i gave up and just nicked my dads x-trail :o :P

as for surges again new seals would clear that up, mine hung back and all power would come in one go beofre repairs and now (even with 138,000 on the clock :o ) it feels like a new car.

Thanks for your help, ive cleaned the egr valve and that made a differance to the surging but did nothing for the starting, if it was the injector seals would it stop the engine from turning over?? it will only turn over 2 or 3 times then stops or would this be the ecu telling it to stop?? did yours continue to turn over or did it stop like mine?? Cheers Ashley

Thanks for your help, ive cleaned the egr valve and that made a differance to the surging but did nothing for the starting, if it was the injector seals would it stop the engine from turning over?? it will only turn over 2 or 3 times then stops or would this be the ecu telling it to stop?? did yours continue to turn over or did it stop like mine?? Cheers Ashley

mine stopped turning over after a few turn overs, it's the ecu stopping you burning out solinoids and over loading the motor.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club